Thoughts on motherhood, marriage, education, and life in general...

About Me

My photo
I am a mom, a wife, and a teacher-librarian. I have four boys at home: Main Man (44), #1 (14), #2 (11), and #3 (7). Although they keep me very busy, I also look after a library for an elementary student population of 500 (give or take). I love my family; I love my job.

Sunday, July 16, 2006

You Awake?



Wake-over at our house last night. I've stopped calling them sleepovers.

#2 had a friend stay over. #1, #2, and the friend slept (and I use the term loosely) in the basement, surrounded by a tv, an X-box, a 12-pack of caffeine-free (wouldn't want to keep them awake)Coke, and enough junk food to last a week.

Main Man wanted to sleep down there with them. I vetoed that.

3 comments:

Big Pissy said...

Boy! do I remember those days!

You're so right to call them "wake-overs"~'cuz nobody ever sleeps!

Take a nap today! ;-)

Lowa said...

Oh yes. Been there done that many times. I have quite a story about what happened with one of my sons' lack of sleep from one of the "wake-over"s we had. It is too long to share here, but let's just say at 9 years old, he did not do well with being up all night.

I am sure your boys had fun!!

Library Mama said...

Pissy - I didn't get a nap today, but I'm going to hit the sack pretty early tonight.

Lowa - All three of our revellers seem to be okay today, but I would love to hear your son's story. Maybe you could do a post on it someday soon.

Visits