Thoughts on motherhood, marriage, education, and life in general...

About Me

My photo
I am a mom, a wife, and a teacher-librarian. I have four boys at home: Main Man (44), #1 (14), #2 (11), and #3 (7). Although they keep me very busy, I also look after a library for an elementary student population of 500 (give or take). I love my family; I love my job.

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Trouble in Paradise

It'll have to be short entries for a while, folks.

I'm not getting projects done fast enough for Main Man's liking during my holidays. He indirectly voiced his disapproval last night.

How dare the kids and I spend so much time on things that we enjoy when the projects he feels need to be done are not yet accomplished!


Yup! Trouble in paradise....

(Don't worry - nothing we haven't handled before on this seventeen year old roller-coaster we call marriage.)

10 comments:

Bathroom Hippo said...


Probably just the Bee's getting to him.

Heheheh...Buddhism.

Lowa said...

Seventeen years, eh?? It will be that for us in December. Roller Coaster is putting it nicely. *grumble*

Well, have fun doing the "projects". teehee

Geez, Mentok. You sure are a party pooper!!!

*more grumbling*

Anonymous said...

WOW! 17 years...we've been married 9 but we've known each other 19. GAH. Well it's called summer break for a reason. ;)

Big Pissy said...

I agree with GaBelle and jamie~it's called a "break" for a reason! :)

Anonymous said...

Short entries are better than no entries at all. Do what you have to do..

Library Mama said...

Hippo - Funny you should mention the bees, Hippo. There was a point during our "discussion" that night when I considered throwing out those allergy pills! ;-)

Lowa - Yep, 17 years next month. You too, huh? However do we do it?!? ;-)

Georgiabelle - Hi there! Thanks so much for stopping by. Yes, why are everyone else's breaks sacred, but ours is supposed to be "project" time?

I loved this: We'll get everything done~~just on OUR schedule and in a nice, carefree manner!!!

Jamie - We've known each other almost 22 years. Actually, we were just saying a few weeks ago that we've known each other longer now than we were around before we knew each other. Does that make sense?? Do you know what I mean?

Pissy - Right on! :-)

Happy - Sure! Take his side! ;-p

Bathroom Hippo said...


Tomorrow I will make a special Flash where u can get revenge on Mr. Bee Keeper.

Library Mama said...

Hippo - I can't wait! ;-)

Mentok said...

Um, I'm sure I'm taking my life in my hands making an appearance before this angry mob...

...But I think it's worth clarifying what LibraryMama means when she says I "indirectly voiced disapproval".

I was getting after the kids for dragging their heals on a task I'd set them about a month ago. LM chose to interpret this as an "indirect" attack.

So, you see, I'm not quite the ogre I'm depicted as being ;-)

...Although I was on a parental rant at the time, so I guess I coulda chosen my words better.

Anyway, we are having too much fun being happy around our house these days to let a little tiff like this slow us down for long...

...Right, honey? ;-)

Bathroom Hippo said...


KILL HIM!

Visits