Thoughts on motherhood, marriage, education, and life in general...

About Me

My photo
I am a mom, a wife, and a teacher-librarian. I have four boys at home: Main Man (44), #1 (14), #2 (11), and #3 (7). Although they keep me very busy, I also look after a library for an elementary student population of 500 (give or take). I love my family; I love my job.

Saturday, July 22, 2006

I May Never Need to Cook Again!


The boys decided to make supper for us last night.

The idea grew and GREW and GREW.

#2 was especially excited, planning gourmet touches.

They started working as I left to pick up Main Man from work, and I had orders to pick up buns at the grocery store on the way home. And to call before we arrived home.

We followed directions, and when we arrived, we were welcomed by:

1. generous helpings of macaroni and cheese on our good dishes, complete with parsley garnish.

2. tiny finger sandwiches with a variety of fillings including bologna and cheese slices, rolled and held together with toothpicks .

3. an assortment of raw veggies and dip.

4. a wine carafe filled with cherry Kool-Aid, and a wine glass at each place setting.

It was so wonderful! Truly a meal fit for royalty. Thanks guys.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's really impressive. Who did they learn this from..

Bathroom Hippo said...


Random Acts of Kindness??

No...this is impossible...there has to be a motivation. They want the new Playstation don't they?

Lowa said...

That is SO SWEET! The only one of our's so far who would do something like that is Jock, the 11 year old. That is just so cute, I can't get over it!!

Often Jock makes macaroni and lights the candles at the table to sit and eat lunch with his little sister. She loves that! He did it one time out of the blue and she was so thrilled, she asks him every few days and he is now regretting that he ever did it! LOL

Library Mama said...

Happy - I like to think that they learned the presentation part from me, but I must admit, I've never made fancy bologna finger sandwiches in my life!

Hippo - They may want something, but it's definitely not a PlayStation. We've already firmly established that we will never own a game system. We just rent or borrow one once in a while.

Lowa - What a sweetie Jock is! That was just what our table looked like, except for the candles.

BlondeMom - You're in luck! I took a picture with my new cellphone, and I hope to post it as a new post. Hope it works!

New Orleans Friend said...

Sounds awesome! Any meal that I don't have to cook is a feast!

Big Pissy said...

That is SO sweet!

Great kids you've got there~you must be doing something right! ;-)

Library Mama said...

New Orleans Friend - Thanks so much for stopping by. It's so great to meet you.
And yeah - it was pretty awesome!

Pissy - I hope you're right, and not Hippo. His theory is that they're just buttering me up for something. Guess we'll find out sooner or later. ;-)

Visits