Thoughts on motherhood, marriage, education, and life in general...

About Me

My photo
I am a mom, a wife, and a teacher-librarian. I have four boys at home: Main Man (44), #1 (14), #2 (11), and #3 (7). Although they keep me very busy, I also look after a library for an elementary student population of 500 (give or take). I love my family; I love my job.

Thursday, July 20, 2006

Thankful Thursday

Oops! I was so pre-occupied this morning with thoughts of what a terrible mother I was to have a five year old with potty mouth that I forgot it was Thursday.

Oh well - I'm making up for it now.

This week, I am thankful for...

...wonderful neighbours who still have raspberries in their freezer from last year, and wonder if we could "help them out" by picking their raspberries for them.

...having responsible older boys (especially #1) who will hold the fort down while Main Man and I go out on the town once in a while.

...our nephew who lent the boys his Xbox to enjoy on their sleepover on Saturday night.

...my friend C who is touring Europe right now and emails faithfully, so I can live vicariously.

...the book Pirateology, because it is the first book #2 has ever begged me to buy for him. (Maybe he's finally developing an appreciation for reading!)

3 comments:

Bathroom Hippo said...


I'm thankful for the F-bomb.

Anonymous said...

I'm thankful you do these lists because they make me think..

Anonymous said...

I wish had neighbors who asked me to pick their raspberries! Actually that sounds kind of odd. ;)

Visits