Thoughts on motherhood, marriage, education, and life in general...

About Me

My photo
I am a mom, a wife, and a teacher-librarian. I have four boys at home: Main Man (44), #1 (14), #2 (11), and #3 (7). Although they keep me very busy, I also look after a library for an elementary student population of 500 (give or take). I love my family; I love my job.

Monday, July 03, 2006

Well, His Nickname in College was Wrong-Way


We were manoeuvring through the quicksand of thick traffic on our way home from the fireworks on Canada Day. Main Man asked my advice on which way to turn in order to avoid the worst of it.

I really had no idea, so I replied, "You're the boss behind the wheel. Wherever you think is best, is best."

Heard from the back seat (#3 I think, but no one has admitted to it yet): "Oh great! Now we're going to get lost!"

4 comments:

Lowa said...

LMAO!

This sounds SO FAMILIAR!

Isn't it funny how sometimes our kids' voices sound clearly distinctively their own (that isn't proper grammar, but I am sure you know what I mean) and sometimes we can't tell them apart at all??

Big Pissy said...

heh heh! sounds like this has happened before???? ;-)

Anonymous said...

LOL! As my dad used to say, "No comments from the peanut gallery!" Happy Canada Day!

Library Mama said...

Lowa - I know. Unfortunately, usually when you really want to know who said something, they're great at vocal disguise. ;-)

Pissy - Well, to be honest, it hasn't happened in a while, but sometimes little people have very big memories. :-)

Jamie - Thanks for your Canada Day wishes. Right back at ya for tomorrow!

Yes - we have a hugely vocal peanut gallery at our house. :-)

Visits