Thoughts on motherhood, marriage, education, and life in general...

About Me

My photo
I am a mom, a wife, and a teacher-librarian. I have four boys at home: Main Man (44), #1 (14), #2 (11), and #3 (7). Although they keep me very busy, I also look after a library for an elementary student population of 500 (give or take). I love my family; I love my job.

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

FLYing Through the Summer


I would like you to meet a friend of mine.

Flylady

Every summer, I become a devoted follower, and, by the end of August, my house looks pretty good. (I wish I could say great, but I'm basically a pretty honest person.)

Of course, once I get caught up in the school year, things begin to fall apart again, but it's nice to know I can get my act together when I have to.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow. Flylady is like the mother I wish I never had..

Anonymous said...

I'm really impressed because right now our house is being overtaken by dog hair.

Lowa said...

Yes, I have heard of her. I think my friend in Yellowknife raves about her.

Library Mama said...

Happy - I'm not exactly sure I followed that.... I'm sure you meant no harm to your mom, though.

Jamie - We are fortunate (?) to have allergies in our house, so, although we all adore dogs, we cannot own a shedding breed. We have a "schnoodle" (schnauzer/poodle cross), and, as neurotic as he is, we love him dearly.

Lowa - Lots of people rave about her. Like I said, I don't have time for many of the things she suggests through the year, but in the summertime, she is a lifesaver!

freethoughtguy said...

Summertime ... and the housecleaning's easy! (Sing along now!)

Big Pissy said...

I like that her wings and hair match!

Library Mama said...

Hey, Freethinker - Good to see you again.
Hah! That's a good one. Unfortunately - too slow to houseclean with, though. I usually listen to our jazz station and I "whistle while I work". :-)

Pissy - You are such a fashionista. I didn't even notice that until you pointed it out! ;-)

Visits