Thoughts on motherhood, marriage, education, and life in general...

About Me

My photo
I am a mom, a wife, and a teacher-librarian. I have four boys at home: Main Man (44), #1 (14), #2 (11), and #3 (7). Although they keep me very busy, I also look after a library for an elementary student population of 500 (give or take). I love my family; I love my job.

Thursday, July 27, 2006

Thankful Thursday


This week, I am thankful for...

... my sister and my niece, who were in town this week. I hadn't seen either of them since Christmas, and we had a wonderful visit.

... payday. Need I say more?

... our neighbourhood swimming pool, where the shallow end is at my ankles, so it is safe enough for #3. Also, they have free swims every night after supper. It's the perfect way to wind down from a hot day.

... our weather this summer. I know that some places, especially in the southern states, have been experiencing heat wave conditions, so I hesitate to "brag", but we have had the perfect summer.

It's been another great week with a lot to be thankful for.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

If I was going to go #3 in a pool I'd want the water to be higher than my ankles..
I'm assuming #3 is a combination of #1 and #2, tee,hee..

Bathroom Hippo said...



My sis is coming over on Monday.

Yay

Library Mama said...

Happy - Haha! As I tell my boys, we're off to the ool. Remember, keep the p out of the ool.

Hippo - I didn't know you had a sister! Is she older or younger than you? Or are you playing with my mind?

BlondeMom - Well, I jinxed the weather with my post. Today is the first rainy day of the summer! Can you believe it?

Big Pissy said...

Well I'm glad somebody has.

Our's has sucked!

My tan has completely faded b/c it's too hot to go to the pool. :(

Library Mama said...

Pissy - I'm sorry. That's why I didn't really want to put that as one of my thankful items. I know some of you have had a really "pissy" summer! Hope it improves soon. :-(

Mentok said...

"our neighbourhood swimming pool, where the shallow end is at my ankles, so it is safe enough for #3"

...you mean safe enough for you, ya big hydrophobe. You always stuck to the shallow end BEFORE we had kids. Whenever you dip your toes in water, a look of panic flashes across your face. I always entirely expect you to start screaming "I'm melting, I'm melting...!"

I thought your readers might enjoy that ;-)

Library Mama said...

Yes....Yes.... Never a dull comment from the peanut gallery.

Thank you, Mentok. ;-)

(Are you saying I couldn't possibly be made of brown sugar? Are you telling me I'm not sweet?)

Visits