Thoughts on motherhood, marriage, education, and life in general...

About Me

My photo
I am a mom, a wife, and a teacher-librarian. I have four boys at home: Main Man (44), #1 (14), #2 (11), and #3 (7). Although they keep me very busy, I also look after a library for an elementary student population of 500 (give or take). I love my family; I love my job.

Saturday, July 08, 2006

Yard Sale Fever

Everything is right as rain today. No more flu symptoms or listlessness. Sorry to disappoint those who were already out buying little pink sleepers for the new little girl in our family. Doesn't look like that's the case!

Big excitement here this morning.

The older boys have rounded up a bunch of their old toys and have joined in with some friends down the block to have a yard sale. I'm happy they're excited.

Though, personally, I am reminded of all the reasons I hate having yard sales - and have essentially stopped having them.

I think the boys are spending all their profits on buying their friends' toys. Why bother with the money, I am wondering. Why don't they just trade toys for a year, they trade back next summer?

2 comments:

Library Mama said...

Karen - I guess sometimes only teachers blog on the weekends. ;-)

Always great to hear from you! And I know that now that school is back in session for you, I may hear from you less often. But I'll look foward to whenever you can spare the time.

How long will your maternity leave be? At least you have that to look forward to.

Bathroom Hippo said...


YAY, A YARD SELL!!!!!

They got any Captain Canuck toys?

Visits