Thoughts on motherhood, marriage, education, and life in general...

About Me

My photo
I am a mom, a wife, and a teacher-librarian. I have four boys at home: Main Man (44), #1 (14), #2 (11), and #3 (7). Although they keep me very busy, I also look after a library for an elementary student population of 500 (give or take). I love my family; I love my job.

Sunday, July 30, 2006

Book Review: Two for the Dough


I wrote in my last review that Sophie Kinsella was one of the few authors who could still make me laugh out loud.

Janet Evanovich has joined the ranks.

Two for the Dough is the second in Evanovich's "Stephanie Plum" series, following One for the Money.

I think I enjoyed this even more.

I won't give too many details about the plot this time. Three teasers I will give you are:

... the chemistry between Stephanie and Joe Morelli continues to heat up. (The reader is beginning to wonder just when and where the lightning will strike.)

... Grandma Mazur becomes Stephanie's "sidekick" and is at her most entertaining. (She continues to be my favourite character, I think.)

... Stephanie's job as a bounty hunter expands to include Private Investigator (on the lookout for a truckload of stolen caskets) and Personal Bodyguard (for the slimy manager* of the funeral home).

Stephanie Plum has fast become one of my favourite main characters. If you enjoy books filled with "whodunit and why" that don't take themselves too seriously, you should love her too.

*Note: Not all funeral home managers are slimy. This one definitely is. (Just didn't want to offend any funeral home managers out there....)

8 comments:

Bathroom Hippo said...


On behalf of the Funeral Home Community I demand that old lady Mazur be brought to justice!

Dead or Alive.

Library Mama said...

But preferably dead, right, Mr. Funeral Home?

;-)

Bathroom Hippo said...


Yes, preferably dead.

It's cheaper that way.

Booklogged said...

I've never read one of Evanovich's books. After reading your comments, I think the Stephanie Plum series would be a good place to start.

Library Mama said...

You are too funny, Hippo, my friend.

I'm not sure what sorts of books you like, booklogged, but I (unexpectedly, I might add) have fallen in love with this series.

Big Pissy said...

This is a great series!

My husband even enjoys it....we've listened to some on tape on road trips.

Library Mama said...

Pissy - I think Main Man would get a kick out of it too. Unfortunately we couldn't listen to it on a road trip because of the boys. Not everything Stephanie does is G-rated! :-(

Bathroom Hippo said...



Anyone with the name of Stephanie is not a person that is G-Rated!

CBC NEWS FLASH! Stereotyping is cool again!

Visits