Thoughts on motherhood, marriage, education, and life in general...

About Me

My photo
I am a mom, a wife, and a teacher-librarian. I have four boys at home: Main Man (44), #1 (14), #2 (11), and #3 (7). Although they keep me very busy, I also look after a library for an elementary student population of 500 (give or take). I love my family; I love my job.

Thursday, July 13, 2006

Thankful Thursday


I've stolen this idea from BlondeMom. It's a great concept. Feel free to pick up on it yourself if the gratitude bug catches you.

1. I'm thankful for wonderful friends who drop in for quick visits and plan "coffee dates". I'm grateful that I now have something to put on the calendar for tomorrow that has nothing to do with anyone in my family under the age of 13. (Thanks, Information Goddess.)

2. I'm thankful that Main Man is completely recuperated from his waspy weekend encounter.

3. I'm thankful for our city's recreational program for children. The two older boys have opted out this year (they're too "cool"for that stuff now!), but #3 is loving hanging out, learning new games, and making new friends.

4. I'm thankful that Main Man and I have patched up our differences from earlier in the week. Pretty much...

5. I'm thankful for all my blogfriends. I love getting comments and email. Keep 'em coming, folks!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great list! I got the idea from Shauna here in Nashville:

http://shauna.opishposh.com/

I haven't done a "Chafe My Ass Friday" (which is my sarcastic post I started a while back and did a few times) in a while. I may have to do that soon. :)

Bathroom Hippo said...


I'm thankful for war.

Lowa said...

This is a great list. If I could GET to my blog, I might try it.

Something is freaky, will have to get the hubby to look at it soon.

Too bad your older boys are "too cool" for that. I kind of don't like this age. Mine are 13 and 11 and it sucks that they are in between adults and wee kids. I love that I can still play anything with my younger two and they think it is awesome, ya know??

Anonymous said...

I like these thankful lists. I don't like doing them. Just reading them..

Library Mama said...

Jamie - Thanks again for the idea. I would love to see a "Chafe My Ass Friday" post. Too funny!

Hippo - I'm thankful for you! :-)

Lowa - I noticed your trouble yesterday. It seems all fixed now, though, right?

Happy - I'm sure you have many things to be thankful for. I'm thankful for your tremendously entertaining stories!

Visits