Thoughts on motherhood, marriage, education, and life in general...

About Me

My photo
I am a mom, a wife, and a teacher-librarian. I have four boys at home: Main Man (44), #1 (14), #2 (11), and #3 (7). Although they keep me very busy, I also look after a library for an elementary student population of 500 (give or take). I love my family; I love my job.

Friday, July 07, 2006

Summer Bug


I'm draggy today. But not as bad as I was yesterday.

I was hit by a mysterious summer bug yesterday. I had a productive morning, but just before lunch, I suddenly felt headachey and a little nauseous.

#1 made and served lunch for his brothers while I lay down on the couch. I slept a bit.

After that, I felt well enough for a little salad, but I went right back to the couch when I was finished.

#1 went to a movie with a friend, and I pretty much slept the afternoon away on the couch, with #2 and #3 watching TV right there with me.

I had no energy. I couldn't move from the couch. I don't think the little boys minded, because it's very unusual for me to let them watch TV all afternoon. I think they thought it was a party.

Main Man came home and made supper. I ate a bit, then went to bed. Slept for 12 more hours. I can't believe how much I slept in a 24 hour period!

I'm up and at it now. And earlier in the week, I promised the kids I would take them for a picnic today. They've been looking forward to it all week, so there's no way I'll get out of this one! Probably a good thing - something to get me off my butt.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was like that the other day. Hope you didn't catch it from my blog.
Glad you are all healthy again. Enjoy the picnic..

Lowa said...

Hope you feel better!

Don't kill me for asking this but, is there any chance you are pregnant?? Sounds totally like I feel when I am pregnant.

As far as Regina, etc. This is FREAKY!! What year did you graduate?? My Grad was in '87. Twenty years next June. I was CAPTAIN of our volleyball team, likely in '84 or '85, I think. I sucked, I think they made me captain to either make fun of me or attempt to make me feel better:) LOL I am sure we played you, if you are as old as me! LOL

Bathroom Hippo said...


Wow. That sick chick is hot. You know her? How old is she? She single?

Library Mama said...

Happy - Glad you're feeling better too. And yes, I bet I did get it from you! :-p

Lowa - I'm pretty sure that's not the case, but recent history has taught me never to say never! :-)

Actually, I'm a little older than you so I guess we didn't play against each other. My grad was in '83. Still, it's all a great coincidence, isn't it?

Hippo - No, I don't know that girl. Just another of my Google pictures. However, my boys told me she looked like me! :-D

Bathroom Hippo said...


Hah. Yeah it sorta does. Does that mean I just hit on you? Poor Mentok. He must be flaming mad.

Anonymous said...

Glad you're feeling better and I hope you enjoyed the picnic! And I have to agree that is what I felt like when I was el prego..."mysterious illness symptoms." ;)

Lowa said...

Yes, it is a neat coincidence! My brothers' Grads were in '83, '84 and '85. Did you play basketball or have any brothers who did? If so, you (or them) likely know my brother, Spaz. LOL He was the hot shot basketball star in the district. I think he played Radisson fairly often.

Wow, if that looks like you, Mentok is lucky. Now, if he can just stop looking so green...;)

Oh, btw, I went to the U of R. It has been YEARS since I have been in Regina, but I have awesome memories. LOVE that city. Except in the winters, there is no shelter from the cold biting winds. I got frostbite pretty bad on one of my ears and one side of my face one night walking home from work at one of the Burger Kings. That is a story in itself! Anyway, hope you feel better. Be kinda fun if you was preggers, eh?? Teehee

Visits