Thoughts on motherhood, marriage, education, and life in general...

About Me

My photo
I am a mom, a wife, and a teacher-librarian. I have four boys at home: Main Man (44), #1 (14), #2 (11), and #3 (7). Although they keep me very busy, I also look after a library for an elementary student population of 500 (give or take). I love my family; I love my job.

Thursday, June 01, 2006

What Do You Call a Main Man with No Arms?

Main Man has been freelancing at home for the last couple of years. A week and a half ago, he started back at an office. Consequently, #3 has started to go to daycare on a regular basis.

Our little man has obviously inherited some of his father's storytelling ability, because at supper last night he shared a tale that he has been telling all the kids at daycare. He has informed them that the reason he's going to daycare now is that his daddy had an operation in which they had to cut off his arms.

That explains those odd looks from the other parents at pick-up time....

7 comments:

Bathroom Hippo said...



I knew it!

Mentok said...

If getting my arms cut off meant not having to work at an office, I'm not sure what I'd decide.

Bathroom Hippo said...



Dinner at the Mindtaker home must be quite an event.

Mentok: So today I wrote on a chalkboard...

Kids: Wow Dad!

Library Mama said...

I'm especially impressed with your typing ability, Mentok. Those toes work really well!

Walker said...

I was waiting for the punchline to be "a worm" Oh well what do I know.
Kids come up with some wild tales and stories, my youngest always did.
Have a nice day :)

Anonymous said...

Ha,ha..Kids and their wild imaginations. And people are so gullible.
It isn't true is it..

Library Mama said...

Hi Walker - Welcome. Thanks for coming by. Nice to meet you.

Hi Happy - Haha - no it is not true. Thank goodness!

Visits