Thoughts on motherhood, marriage, education, and life in general...

About Me

My photo
I am a mom, a wife, and a teacher-librarian. I have four boys at home: Main Man (44), #1 (14), #2 (11), and #3 (7). Although they keep me very busy, I also look after a library for an elementary student population of 500 (give or take). I love my family; I love my job.

Friday, June 30, 2006

Hmmmmm......

What shall I do today?

When you have a clean slate of seven or eight weeks ahead of you, the possibilities seem endless.

Thing is, my mind manages to fill those weeks with far more productivity than my body does. Every summer, I list a million projects in my head that I'm going to get accomplished, and on a good year, I get ...hmmmm...maybe ten finished.

Once, Main Man bought me a kitchen magnet with the saying, "Today, I will not 'should' all over myself."

Today - my first day of holidays - I'm going to take that advice.

4 comments:

Big Pissy said...

That is a FABULOUS magnet!

Everyone should have one!

Enjoy your day! :)

Lowa said...

Just lay back and watch some TV for today. Movies you been wanting to see or something:)

I have a desk that I have been needing to clean off since March. When the kids finish assignments, etc, they place them on my desk so I can mark them. YEAH RIGHT! I finally told them not to bother because their work would get buried under things and I could never get a chance to mark the stuff before they had to do more.

Today, I vow to clean that desk off. I am sure it won't take more than an hour, how pathetic is that??

I do need to post on my blog though...decisions, decisions.. And the nephew is doing awesome, thanks so much:)

Anonymous said...

You should use your time off to recharge. Not work..

Library Mama said...

Hi everybody - thanks for stopping by. I actually did get a lot of errand-type things done today. No big projects, though.

Karen - I'm sorry your vacation is over. I feel for you.

Pissy - Thanks. Main Man puts that magnet front and centre on the fridge when he feels I'm beating myself up too much.

Lowa - Hah! Did that desk get cleaned off? Just asking, not nagging. ;-)

Happy - Thanks for the idea, but, no, I must do some work over the summer. I save it up so I can do it over the summer. If I don't do it now, it well never get done.

Visits