Thoughts on motherhood, marriage, education, and life in general...

About Me

My photo
I am a mom, a wife, and a teacher-librarian. I have four boys at home: Main Man (44), #1 (14), #2 (11), and #3 (7). Although they keep me very busy, I also look after a library for an elementary student population of 500 (give or take). I love my family; I love my job.

Thursday, June 15, 2006

The Simpsons Personality Test

You Are Marge Simpson
You're a devoted family member who loves unconditionally.

Sometimes, though, you dream about living a wild secret life!

You will be remembered for: your good cooking and evading the police

Your life philosophy: "You should listen to your heart, and not the voices in your head."

http://blogthings.com/thesimpsonspersonalitytest/

My boys are going to love this! They watch at least two episodes of The Simpsons every day. And they are always telling me that I'm "just like Marge". Personally, I think Main Man is more like Homer than I'm like Marge, but maybe they tell him that too.

And I didn't even lie when I filled out the survey. I answered each question very honestly. Honestly!

*Note* The following is not a complaint. It is simply a statement of fact.

You may see a few more "Personality test" entries over the next couple of weeks. I am waist-deep in report card season, and creativity and time are at a minimum. Every year at this time I remember the truism I coined round about my fourth or fifth year of teaching: I wouldn't need July and August if it weren't for June!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Woohoo. I got Bart on my test. Of course it's hard to answer completely honestly when you have also seen the show twice a day for years.
Good luck with the report cards. Just remember no matter what you say parents will only see what they want to about their child..

Bathroom Hippo said...


mr. burns

Mentok said...

Ditto. Mr. Burns. The hunger-for-power questions neutralized the thirst-for-beer questions.

Big Pissy said...

Ha! I got Bart!!!

Woo Hoo!!!

Report card hell....

Lo siento.

Lowa said...

I have not watched the Simpsons in years. I don't allow my kids to watch, so they would have no idea who Marge, HOmer or anyone else would be.

Now I am curious to go take the test...

Lowa said...

Odd.

I wonder what I did wrong?? I answered truthfully also and apparently I am an ugly man named Barney who enjoys beer?? I can't stand beer!?!?

HOW DID THAT HAPPEN!?!? LOL

Bathroom Hippo said...


Haha Iowa that's hilarious!

Anonymous said...

WTF? I'm Barney!!!!!

You could have been an intellectual leader...

Instead, your whole life is an homage to beer

You will be remembered for: your beautiful singing voice and your burps

Your life philosophy: "There's nothing like beer to give you that inflated sense of self-esteem."


What a hoot! Thanks for stopping in and leaving a comment on my blog. I hope to see you back :)

Library Mama said...

Thanks for all the comments, you guys. This was fun!

Happy - I wasn't surprised you got Bart. ;) Thanks for your wishes about report cards. I've become a better teacher since I became a mom; I understand parents so much better now.

Hippo - Or should I call you Monty? Can I be your Smithers? ;)

Mentok - I can't believe you didn't get Homer!

Pissy - You Bartman rebel, you! Thanks for your empathy re: report cards. How's your daughter doing this busy season? Or is school already out for her?

Lowa - I hear you about The Simpsons. I used to hold back on letting the boys watch. Then Main Man started to watch it with them, and they enjoyed it together. He actually used it as a bit of a teaching moment, as he explained all the historical and pop culture allusions. Odd that you were tagged as Barney - almost as odd as Mentok not being Homer! ;)

Kim - Thanks for visiting. After learning who your Simpsons personality is, I look forward to hearing all about how it's going as you practice burping George Strait songs! ;) Hope to see you again soon.

Bathroom Hippo said...


George Strait rules!

He's my fav country artist.

Library Mama said...

You should visit Kim's blog, Hippo. She's got photos from the George Strait concert she went to last night.

Bathroom Hippo said...


I've been to a few myself.
He puts on a great concert.

Visits