Thoughts on motherhood, marriage, education, and life in general...

About Me

My photo
I am a mom, a wife, and a teacher-librarian. I have four boys at home: Main Man (44), #1 (14), #2 (11), and #3 (7). Although they keep me very busy, I also look after a library for an elementary student population of 500 (give or take). I love my family; I love my job.

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Young Love - Bleeeeccccchhhhhh!


I pull up to buy gas last night and this pimply, baby-faced kid with a baseball cap on his head (facing forward) ambles over to fill my tank.

At first, I'm a little perturbed that he is taking so long to get to my car. I mean, come on, kid - I'm the only customer, and your little building is - what - five paces from where my car is?

Then, as I open my window to tell him to "Fill 'er up!" I become even more annoyed, because I see the reason he's taking his sweet time. It's a Barbie Doll in the flesh, only skinnier. I'm waiting for Charlie Gas Jockey because he's busy sweet-talking Barbie baby.

Once I tell him to fill my car up, he gets down to it, gets everything working, and promptly walks back to his regularly scheduled programming.

I've always had a problem with this new style teenage girls have fashioned for themselves of wearing pyjama bottoms as regular pants. In too much of a hurry, dearie? Not enough time to get dressed this morning?

This little girl was a true piece of work, though, right from her L'Oreal hair (I'm sure she's "worth it") and her practiced pout down to her Winnie the Pooh jammie bottoms with the obligatory thong underwear showing at the back.

Anyway, she sure seemed to have sweet Charlie wrapped around her finger.

Some people might think I'm just jealous of young love. Nah, I'm just mad because I didn't get my windshield washed!

8 comments:

Bathroom Hippo said...


Wow...you are pampered. Here in the most of the States...we fill our own tanks, wash our own windows, fill our own tires, etc.

As for that Barbie girl with the thong underwear and L'Oreal hair....I bet Mentok fills up at that gas station hahaha.


P.S> Can you get me her number?

Mentok said...

Sorry to bring up a sensitive topic, but wouldn't Babe have had fun with this topic...

- Pumping gas
- Check my fluids
- Dipsticks
- Wiper blades standing at attention
- Rev my engine
- Transaxle

OK, maybe transaxle isn't sexy, but you get the idea ;-)

Library Mama said...

You're right, Mentok, but that was back in a previous life.....

Hippo, real women don't pump gas. ;)

Bathroom Hippo said...


Real women get my fuel a goin'.

Hah!

Transaxle?! you got some unresolved fetishes...Mentok.

Library Mama said...

You can pump gas for me anytime, Hippo. ;)

Big Pissy said...

I was gonna say how lucky you are that they still pump your gas FOR you...

I don't know of any place in hell that still does that.

Anonymous said...

We pump our own gas here too. And our Barbie dolls are wearing parkas over their pj and thong combo..

Library Mama said...

You all make me sound very spoiled. Guess I am. And proud of it! ;)

Most gas stations here are self-serve too. I just know where a few full-serve ones are, and I try to patronize them whenever I can. Luckily, two of the closest stations to our home are full-serve. That helps.

Happy - you get the pj/thong combo thing where you live too, do you? What's up with that? Have you figured it out yet?

Pissy - maybe they can't pay kids enough hazard pay to pump gas in hell. Too dangerous, you know. ;)

Visits