Thoughts on motherhood, marriage, education, and life in general...

About Me

My photo
I am a mom, a wife, and a teacher-librarian. I have four boys at home: Main Man (44), #1 (14), #2 (11), and #3 (7). Although they keep me very busy, I also look after a library for an elementary student population of 500 (give or take). I love my family; I love my job.

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Blogger's Anonymous



I have an addiction.

I have entered the "acceptance" phase. I freely admit my obsession.

Yesterday morn, our internet connection was down. I tried all I could (with my limited knowledge of the hardware side of things). Main Man, my computer guru, sleeps an hour and a half later than I do in the mornings, so for an hour and a half, I twiddled my thumbs.

How sad is that?! I am a grown woman. Surely I could think of something productive I could have been doing. Why did the world have to stop because I could not get the computer to work?

When Main Man got up, I nonchalantly told him about the problem - as I attempted to conceal the shakes I had begun to experience.

He called the Internet Help Line (Guess I could have done that.), and within fifteen minutes or so, all was back to normal.

Only one problem with that - I had to leave for work at that point. GRRRRRRRR!

No time for a new post. No time to visit friends' blogs. No time to comment.

By the time I got to school, I was a wreck. Luckily, the distraction of maintaining crowd control on the second last day of school helped, and I was too busy to let myself experience severe withdrawal symptoms.

All day at school, though, I periodically checked for comments on The Books Nook. Why? Good question. Why would anyone comment when I hadn't written anything new?

Once I got home, I thought about posting something new, but I was too antsy and jittery. It seemed an impossible task to focus long enough to finish a sentence, let alone a full entry.

All evening, my temper was short with the boys. I yelled at the dog. It was not a pretty night for my family. Good thing Main Man was out with some friends; there could have been real trouble had he been home.

I went to bed nursing a splitting headache. Luckily, I slept like a log.

I seem to be over my funk now. Do you s'pose that's because I'm finally getting my fix?

5 comments:

Bathroom Hippo said...


Don't let the pressure get to you. Once the pressure starts...everything in life crumbles.

Bathroom Hippo said...


Lol.

Big Pissy said...

I have withdrawal symptoms if I'm not on-line at least once an hour.

It's a sickness. ;-)

Anonymous said...

It's good you recognize you have a problem. That's the first step in making sure you never are without a working computer again..

Library Mama said...

Hippo - I think the pressure has started. Luckily, the anti-stress of being on holiday will help, I think.

Karen - Thanks so much for stopping by again. Your comparison to the vending machine was so true. Your description sounded just like me trying to get our connection to work this morning!

Pissy - I have the sickness, but I don't think I want a cure. ;-)

Happy - Yes, admitting my problem was a big step. I feel better already. ;-)

Visits