Thoughts on motherhood, marriage, education, and life in general...

About Me

My photo
I am a mom, a wife, and a teacher-librarian. I have four boys at home: Main Man (44), #1 (14), #2 (11), and #3 (7). Although they keep me very busy, I also look after a library for an elementary student population of 500 (give or take). I love my family; I love my job.

Thursday, June 22, 2006

"The Talk"

My fifth and sixth graders get "The Talk" today.

You know the one. The one that makes you squirm for a few weeks afterward. The one that makes you see the opposite sex a little differently for awhile. The one the parents are oh-so-glad that the school takes care of. The one where the public health nurse gets a chance to embarass every tweenager to her heart's content.

Yeah - that talk.

Hah! I love it!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Lord...I'm glad we are several years away from that. ;)

Bathroom Hippo said...



Hey....

Where DO babies come from?

Bathroom Hippo said...


Mentok says they come from you.

He also says he wants another..


Lol...gonna be an interesting day at the Mentok home.

Anonymous said...

I had that talk with my own kids. Then the teachers told them the truth later.
Darn education system..

Big Pissy said...

Oh, boy!

I'm so glad I don't have to go through that again!

Library Mama said...

Jamie - Our oldest son had "the talk" last year. He didn't tell us about it, but suddenly he started showering every morning, so we knew something was up. ;)

Hippo - As far as Mentok is concerned, babies do come from me. But I really doubt there will be any more.

Happy - I know, I know, everyone has complaints about the education system. I've heard them all. :)

Pissy - I know, I love that it's not me, but my students, so I can tease 'em! ;)

Lowa said...

People sure are different! LOL I know some people may like others to take care of all that for them, but to me, it is MY job as a parent to do that. Not to have the school system raise them.

Part of the reason my kids DO NOT go to public school, is so that I can handle that stuff on my own, my way. I have never understood why it has to be a one time thing. With my kids, we discuss various things often for years. As they get older, you add more information , according to what you think they can handle. Some handle it differently. My oldest is all shy about it and wants me to shut up. The second one?? He can't get enough! The questions he comes up with! LOL And he asks OFTEN.

Good times!

Hope you all don't squirm for too long:)

A kid who showers without you needing to say anything?? REALLY!?!? Those exist!?!?!?

Visits