Thoughts on motherhood, marriage, education, and life in general...

About Me

My photo
I am a mom, a wife, and a teacher-librarian. I have four boys at home: Main Man (44), #1 (14), #2 (11), and #3 (7). Although they keep me very busy, I also look after a library for an elementary student population of 500 (give or take). I love my family; I love my job.

Sunday, April 01, 2007

Happy Blog-iversary to Me


Well, it's almost midnight, and I almost let today disappear without making a post, but I decided to bite the bullet and make the announcement:

Today - April 1st - is my blog-iversary.

I've been blogging for a year now. Hard to believe, but, yes, the day has arrived. It all began with this. I know, I know - what fine literature that is, isn't it? (Yes, my tongue is very firmly in my cheek.)

On a more serious note, though, thank you all for reading, and for commenting. There's something very heartwarming about the idea that people who have never met me are willing to type things into their computers to reach out to me and touch me. Thank you so much for your internet-friendships.

I have nothing profound to contribute today, nothing new. I'm sitting here with a glass of wine, enjoying the evening, having a little celebration all to myself.

All I will do is share my favourite post over the last year, the most poignant for me. I actually hoped to submit it to a magazine at one point, but I now know I never will. The closest I will come is to share it with my blog friends. I hope you enjoy it.

Sweet dreams, my friends. Please come again.

12 comments:

Bathroom Hippo said...


Happy Blogiversary!

Library Mama said...

Thanks so much, Hip. You've been right here with me through most of it, and I really appreciate that.

Dino said...

happy blogiversary!!! loves the mothersday post

Grumps said...

Great post about your old house. I had thought of writing something similar about my childhood home where my parents lived for 33 years. After they sold it, the new owner moved a two-storey house onto the back of the lot where my mom's garden was and made it a duplex. Talk about an abrupt end to your memories.

Someday maybe I'll write more about that house but you know how people have a Things To Read list? I have that but I also have a Things To Write list.

BarbaraMG said...

Well a Happy Blogiversary to you! I am in my fourth year now and never want to stop. I have net some of the world's coolest people through blogging. Keep it up!

Library Mama said...

Katy - Thanks. Glad you liked it.

Grumps - Hmmm. Right on the garden, eh? That's a bummer. Looking forward to reading those "Things to Write" posts.

Barbara - Great to see you! And thanks for the good wishes.

Mentok said...

happy blogiversary, hon! I think you've succeeded in beating me at my own game, don't you? ;-)

Library Mama said...

Mentok - Well, I wouldn't exactly say that, but thanks for the wishes.

BlondeMom - Thanks a bunch!

Big Pissy said...

Oh! Happy Belated Blogiversary!

I went back and read your favorite post.

So bittersweet and heartfelt.

You were lucky to have a mom like that. Mine died when she was 47 years old....I was 14...

Suzan Abrams, email: suzanabrams@live.co.uk said...

Happy blog-iversary, LM & I hope your blog draws many friendships for you.

Anonymous said...

Happy belated blog-iversy!

Library Mama said...

Pissy - How terrible about your mother! You lost her at such a tender time in your life. I guess in the grand scheme of things, I was fortunate to have had Mom for as long as I did.

Susan - Thank you so much. And it already has brought me many friendships - wonderful ones like yours.

Carrie - Thanks!

Visits