Thoughts on motherhood, marriage, education, and life in general...

About Me

My photo
I am a mom, a wife, and a teacher-librarian. I have four boys at home: Main Man (44), #1 (14), #2 (11), and #3 (7). Although they keep me very busy, I also look after a library for an elementary student population of 500 (give or take). I love my family; I love my job.

Friday, April 13, 2007

Paraskavedekatriaphobia

When I was a teenager, I used to tell people that 13 was my lucky number. I even requested the number 13 as my number on the volleyball team.

You see, I was a very normal - AKA boring - person, and I felt this little bit of silliness made me ever-so-slightly quirky.

Besides, who really believes in these silly superstitions, anyway? I sure didn't

Until... the first time I tried out for my driver's license - on Friday the 13th.

My favourite number totally betrayed me.

Happy Friday the 13th, everyone! Do you have any interesting Friday the 13th stories to share?

5 comments:

mist1 said...

We used to celebrate my best friend's birthday on the 13th. Every few years it would be on a Friday. That was the best.

Then, she decided that she didn't want to celebrate on the 13th anymore (she's adopted, no birth certificate). So now we celebrate her naturalization day, which isn't on the 13th. I'm sure it has more meaning to her, but I really liked the 13th. Maybe I'll suggest that we celebrate on the 13th only on years when it falls on a Friday.

Do you see how I am always thinking of how to improve the lives of others?

Library Mama said...

I've noticed that about you, Mist.

;-)

Dino said...

mhh can't say I have any friday the 13th stories. sorry

Suzan Abrams, email: suzanabrams@live.co.uk said...

I can't believe that you were ever just very normal, LM. :-)

Like Dino unfortunately, I too have nothing to share but enjoyed your post as always.

Library Mama said...

Katy - You must have led a very sheltered life. ;-)

Susan - Oh, Susan, I'm still very normally dull. Glad you enjoyed the post.

Visits