Thoughts on motherhood, marriage, education, and life in general...

About Me

My photo
I am a mom, a wife, and a teacher-librarian. I have four boys at home: Main Man (44), #1 (14), #2 (11), and #3 (7). Although they keep me very busy, I also look after a library for an elementary student population of 500 (give or take). I love my family; I love my job.

Thursday, April 19, 2007

Thankful Thursday


This week I am thankful ...

... for our Sunday School co-ordinator who is slowly but surely coaching the kids through our spring musical, to be held at the end of the month. #1 has a lead part and rehearses three times a week. The others are in the general chorus and practice only on Sundays. I have a solo part. Yes, you read that correctly. I am Mrs. Noah, and I get to sing a solo. (I'm a little bit excited about it.)

... for running water and for a water heater big enough for all of us to get ready for work / school in the morning without killing each other over hot water.

... that it hasn't snowed this week.

... for days off, like last Friday when I was able to have lunch downtown with Main Man.

... that #1 still communicates with us about his life outside our home. Yesterday at the supper table, he shared with us that he had gotten into a physical fight with a long-time friend at recess time. The friend and a few other guys had been picking away at #1 for a couple of days. Then, at recess, they had been playing a game and tempers flared and it grew into a fight. He has a red mark on the side of his face, but if he hadn't told us about it, I don't think we would have known. Apparently, no teacher or supervisor saw it, which may be a good thing, because they stopped the fight themselves and carried on with life, I guess.

... for my job. Late last week and early this week, I was contemplating schemes and plots to ease my way out of this profession. The kids are fantastic, but all of the other garbage we have to deal with is starting to get me down. This has been a pretty good week at work, though, and, like I said, you gotta love the kids.

Have a great week, everybody!

4 comments:

Suzan Abrams, email: suzanabrams@live.co.uk said...

And on top of Thankful Thursday, Mother's Day is round the corner & so too is Teacher's Day...you're going to have a ball, LM! :)

Library Mama said...

I don't know about Teacher's Day, Susan. I don't think we celebrate that here. Maybe we should start!

Dino said...

yeah for kids telling parents about fights

Library Mama said...

Katy - I know. I was so glad he shared with us. Today was much better, he told us tonight.

Visits