Thoughts on motherhood, marriage, education, and life in general...

About Me

My photo
I am a mom, a wife, and a teacher-librarian. I have four boys at home: Main Man (44), #1 (14), #2 (11), and #3 (7). Although they keep me very busy, I also look after a library for an elementary student population of 500 (give or take). I love my family; I love my job.

Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Getting Back on Track

Well, after yesterday's post and all of your wonderfully supportive comments, I felt compelled to trudge ahead one step at a time and begin to turn my situation around.

I found a couple of things that I had misplaced, both at home and at work, so that helped a bit.

I'm still behind, but, as they say in the movie What About Bob?, "Baby steps, baby steps."

At my dentist appointment last week, I was reminded that I really haven't flossed in.... hmmmm.... well, a very long time. In my new spirit of self-improvement and non-procrastination, I decided to take out the little sample floss I received from my dentist and floss last night before bed.

This morning I feel like my mouth is full of over-stuffed bean-bag chairs. Guess I over-did it a bit.

I must remember... baby steps, baby steps.

10 comments:

Bathroom Hippo said...


Boy do I have advice for you about teeth....

Ever since I started to drink diet coke I haven't had a cavity.

It's been three + years.

Library Mama said...

Hippo, in 41 years of life, I have never had a cavity.

Truth! Really!

mist1 said...

I just don't know what to say. I try to tell people to floss, but it's like talking to a brick wall. Then, a dentist makes a suggestion and all of a sudden you're performing oral surgery with floss.

Library Mama said...

I know, Mist. I thought of you as I typed up that post. I promise I will persevere tonight and in the future. All I need to do is build up my gums to get nice and tough like yours must be.

;-)

Big Pissy said...

Does anyone floss enough to satisfy the Dentist?

Well, except for Mist, of course. She's the exception. ;-)

Glad to hear you're feeling better. :)

Library Mama said...

Thanks, Pissy. I am feeling quite a bit better. I'll just chalk it all up to hormones. Helps me understand it all better.

;-)

Dino said...

my dentist has a new hygenist and everytime I leave there my mouth hurts like hell

Library Mama said...

Katy, you should read Mist's blog entry about visiting her hygienist. It's pretty funny!

Suzan Abrams, email: suzanabrams@live.co.uk said...

Yes, baby steps for the best course of medication but I didn't that know that a dentist was part of the bargain. :-)

Library Mama said...

Must have a beautiful smile, Susan! :-D

Visits