Thoughts on motherhood, marriage, education, and life in general...

About Me

My photo
I am a mom, a wife, and a teacher-librarian. I have four boys at home: Main Man (44), #1 (14), #2 (11), and #3 (7). Although they keep me very busy, I also look after a library for an elementary student population of 500 (give or take). I love my family; I love my job.

Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Literary Heaven


Today I get to spend the day at a book display.

I will be in a large, hushed room with few people and myriads of books.

New books. Shiny books. Perfect books.

Picture books. Fiction. Non-fiction.

Hardcovers. Paperbacks. Graphic Novels.

It is my idea of heaven.

The only downfall is I must decide which ones I can afford in my library budget and which ones I cannot.

I've always been a very inclusive person. It's just not fair that I have to exclude some of them!

5 comments:

Lowa said...

Wow! That DOES sound heavenly!

You are funny! I would want to include them all as well. Have fun and try to control yourself:)

Dino said...

oh man i'd be in so much trouble. Bookstores are my heaven too. I usually leave to much money in them

Library Mama said...

Lowa - it was such a great day! And there really were too many great books!

Katy - the funny thing is, I don't spend a lot of money in bookstores. I've found that I really don't like dusting books, so I try to use the library as much as I can. I love buying books for my library, though!

Suzan Abrams, email: suzanabrams@live.co.uk said...

Oh LM, you make me so, so, so,so, jealous. And the picture is fab! :-)

Library Mama said...

Thanks, Susan. Wish you could have been there with me.

Visits