Thoughts on motherhood, marriage, education, and life in general...

About Me

My photo
I am a mom, a wife, and a teacher-librarian. I have four boys at home: Main Man (44), #1 (14), #2 (11), and #3 (7). Although they keep me very busy, I also look after a library for an elementary student population of 500 (give or take). I love my family; I love my job.

Thursday, April 26, 2007

Thankful Thursday


This week I am thankful...

... for the safe travel of my dad, his wife, my sister and her husband. They have been in Europe since early April. We received an email last night from Paris, and it sounds as if they are having a spectacular time and that the weather has been perfect. They arrive home on the weekend.

... for the hard work and dedication of #2's Cub leaders and #3's Beaver leaders. I know I've mentioned my gratitude to them before, but it bears repeating. The wind-up night was earlier this week, complete with order-in pizza and potluck salads and desserts for the whole family. It was a veritable smorgasbord of good food and goodwill.

... for soft overnight spring rains that help coax the eruption of green but do not dampen daily life.

... for yesterday's rejuvenating book day.

... for strong early morning coffee.

... for last night's American Idol show, which helped me appreciate my own life so much more. It was more of a telethon than an Idol episode. I hate to admit that, as I watched it, there were times I had tears rolling down my cheeks. I hate when I let shows like that manipulate my emotions. Did any of you watch it?

... for the patience of my church council colleagues. I was elected to church council in February and I attended my third meeting earlier this week. I'm not sure I've said anything out loud at any of the meetings yet. I've sat back though, and tried to pick up the rhythm of the meetings, and hopefully, I'll be able to contribute something soon.

6 comments:

Dino said...

oh I bet your family is having a wonderful time in Europe

I didn't watch AI I didn't get home till 10pm

Library Mama said...

I bet they are too, Katy. Wish I was there!

AI was so sad last night - lots of examples of people who need lots of help.

Lowa said...

Wow, some great things to be thankful for, as always.

Yes, I just now watched AI. Tivo'd it last night. Reminded me of a fancy Telemiracle, eh?? I remember going to Telemiracle a few times as a teen. Met Alan Thicke, that was pretty thrilling!

Anyway, I know what you mean. I let Princess watch it now with me. She didn't cry, but she clung to me much of the time and then ran to her room and got her change purse. She said she had ten dollars and we needed to donate it QUICK! We have to save those kids! I checked and she only has about $3, but I told her that will be very helpful. She said we need more and I told her that she can save more and we can do more stuff here in our community also. I also told her how her Dad got on line last night when she was in bed for the night sleeping and donated a nice chunk of change. She took a few moments to let that sink in, snuggled against me, closed her eyes tight and whispered, "Thanks, Daddy. You are a good guy!" and then opened her eyes again to finish watching. She is just like I have always been. Hoping I can save everyone!

Library Mama said...

Lowa - that is so cute about Princess.

Wasn't it sad, though?

Big Pissy said...

To be in Europe for several weeks?

Bliss!

Lucky family! :)

Library Mama said...

Pissy - I know. I'm trying not to be jealous, but the green monster visits every now and again.

Visits