Thoughts on motherhood, marriage, education, and life in general...

About Me

My photo
I am a mom, a wife, and a teacher-librarian. I have four boys at home: Main Man (44), #1 (14), #2 (11), and #3 (7). Although they keep me very busy, I also look after a library for an elementary student population of 500 (give or take). I love my family; I love my job.

Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Boys Will be Boys

Last night oodles of giggles suddenly emanated from the room that #2 and #3 share. Knowing that could mean trouble, of course I opened the door to check on the situation.

It appears that they were testing the new protective gear we had just purchased for #2, as he will begin sparring in Tae Kwon Do this week.

He was decked out in his new cup, and #3 was trying to kick him as hard as he could in order to determine just how effective it was.

I'm glad I caught them before they began to test the new mouthguard.

9 comments:

Big Pissy said...

My girls just threw cord less phones at each other. *LOL*

Suzan Abrams, email: suzanabrams@live.co.uk said...

Oh dear...

btw, I've left a comment for the post below as well, LM. :-)

Library Mama said...

Pissy - Maybe that was just their way of communicating with each other. ;-)

Susan - Oh dear, indeed. Sometimes there's just a little too much testosterone in this house.

Dino said...

i have a feelings those giggles would have changed into screams there soon ones the gear gave out

Library Mama said...

I know, Katy. I'm glad I found them when I did.

Unknown said...

I remember a friend telling me that she came down to the kitchen early one morning to discover two of her boys re-enacting Star Wars with kitchen knives.

Thankfully, no damage was done other than to the nerve ends of mum.

Library Mama said...

JC - That sounds way too much like our household!

Not only the kitchen knives part, but also the re-enacting Star Wars part.

And, yes, the "nerve ends of mum" part.

:-)

Lowa said...

YIKES!

The joys of sons! You KNOW I can relate:) BUt man, I wouldn't have it any other way, eh?? I don't think I could handle more than once girl! LOL

This was funny and sounds incredibly familiar!!

Library Mama said...

Lowa - I often say that I would have no idea how to raise a girl. I don't think I could tie a braid if my life depended on it!

Visits