Thoughts on motherhood, marriage, education, and life in general...

About Me

My photo
I am a mom, a wife, and a teacher-librarian. I have four boys at home: Main Man (44), #1 (14), #2 (11), and #3 (7). Although they keep me very busy, I also look after a library for an elementary student population of 500 (give or take). I love my family; I love my job.

Sunday, April 29, 2007

Wish Me Peace (and a Broken Leg)


I'm enjoying an ever-so-brief moment of peace before I wake up the monkeys.

This will be a busy Sunday. The church school musical performance is this morning, followed by a potluck hosted by the church school.

The musical is adorable - a look at what life was like for children aboard Noah's ark. My favourite song is "What Do You Do on a Rainy Day in an Ark?" I play the part of Mrs. Noah, and my solo is "Have You Ever Kept House in an Ark?"

This morning I need to finish up my pasta and meat sauce for the potluck and be at the church an hour early for last minute rehearsal.

Wish me a broken leg!

8 comments:

Big Pissy said...

Sounds like SO much fun!

Hope it went well! :)

Library Mama said...

Pissy - It was tons of fun. And it did go very well. But I have to admit I'm glad it's over.

Dino said...

ohh cool do we get to see video of you singing????

Library Mama said...

Oh, Katy, I'm brave enough to sing in front of the church, but not quite brave enough to post video of it. It was fun to do, though.

Suzan Abrams, email: suzanabrams@live.co.uk said...

Hope you had all the fun in the world. :-)

Library Mama said...

It was lots of fun, Susan. It was lots of work, too, for the kids and the director. I really appreciated all of her work with the kids.

Grumps said...

LM - We were down your way yesterday for BabyGrumps provincial champs. Sorry we didn't email or call but between that, getting GrumpsJr ready for Ottawa and issues with two parents, it's been really crazy. We jumped in the car and race back to Grumpsland when it was done.

Anyways wanted to let you know she got a gold in her Floor routine, the third year she's got gold at provincials and the second in a row for Floor.

As for your musical, I've had the acting bug ever since GrumpsJr has been doing it. I'm so jel for you- I can't sing but I'd love to be on stage again.

Library Mama said...

Good for BabyGrumps! Give her a hug from all of us.

Good luck to GrumpsJr in Ottawa, too.

You should try out for community theatre, Grumps. You would probably have fun.

Visits