Thoughts on motherhood, marriage, education, and life in general...

About Me

My photo
I am a mom, a wife, and a teacher-librarian. I have four boys at home: Main Man (44), #1 (14), #2 (11), and #3 (7). Although they keep me very busy, I also look after a library for an elementary student population of 500 (give or take). I love my family; I love my job.

Monday, April 30, 2007

So, what do you think of...


...this season's "Bachelor"?

The boys and I caught the show for the first time tonight.

The consensus was that he was a bit cheesy.

At one point, he was telling one of the girls how much he admired her spirit, her intelligence, her warmth, her honesty, her generosity, her sincerity...fill in any more cheesy-sounding compliments here.

#2 piped up, "This guy uses more descriptors than a Harry Potter book!"

Out of the mouths of ten-year-olds...

7 comments:

Dino said...

I just love the things kids blurt out. haven't seen the show so I can't comment - but I am no fan of reality shows in general never saw idol, survivor, apprentice or any of the others.

Library Mama said...

Katy - I find reality shows a little bit like the public hangings of the olden days. I know I shouldn't watch, but sometimes I just can't help myself!

BlondeMomBlog (Jamie) said...

I love it! I actually watched it for the first time this season and could only stomach the cheese for about 15 minutes! ;)

Still, it's so bad it's good, you know?!

Library Mama said...

Jamie - I'm so glad to hear you feel the same. I was a little worried I had become a crusty old married woman who no longer recognises romance! ;-)

Bathroom Hippo said...


He's dreamy.

Suzan Abrams, email: suzanabrams@live.co.uk said...

He looks cheesy to start with, LM.
tee-hee!
By the way, I'll still be posting & commenting as usual while on the move, except that my timing will be erratic.
Hope you'll still visit & read.
hugs

Library Mama said...

Hippo - Glad you like him. He's not really to my taste. ;-)
(BTW - Great to see you, stranger!)

Susan - I will definitely be stopping by still. Safe travels.

Visits