Thoughts on motherhood, marriage, education, and life in general...

About Me

My photo
I am a mom, a wife, and a teacher-librarian. I have four boys at home: Main Man (44), #1 (14), #2 (11), and #3 (7). Although they keep me very busy, I also look after a library for an elementary student population of 500 (give or take). I love my family; I love my job.

Thursday, April 12, 2007

Thankful Thursday


This week I am thankful...

...for Ruffy's handsome new "do". A girlfriend of mine has a mobile grooming business. It is the most convenient thing! She just knocks on the door, takes him out to the trailer and when he returns, he is all glammed up, complete with fashionable bandanna around his neck.

...that our car passed today's safety inspection check.

...for that weird feeling after you get your teeth cleaned. We have the coolest dentist's office! While I had my appointment today, I watched the tv set into the ceiling. Cool, eh? And I got to have orange creamsicle flavoured flouride.

...that my Easter chocolate is almost gone. I've eaten mountains of garbage this week.

...for Easter holidays. I'm afraid I've had a very lazy week, but it's been great to spend some time with the boys.

...for my sister-in-law, a faithful reader and a fantastic hostess. She hosted a family supper last Friday for my nephew's 19th birthday. Although all of her family dinners are great, this one seemed especially enjoyable, probably because I was looking forward to a week's holiday and could concentrate on delicious food and enjoyable conversation instead of the pile of notebooks waiting to be marked at home.

...that all of my tiny 4-legged guests seem to be gone from the basement.

...for the new minister at our church. She is so personable and genuine!

...for the anticipation of lunch out with Main Man tomorrow at our favourite East Indian place. Butter chicken, here I come!

(This next one is supplied by #1. He's trying to help me finish up quickly because I promised to take the boys to the library when I'm done here.)

...that none of the Catholic schoolgirls at #1's band clinic last week caught his eye. (He's right. My life will be easier - for a short while, anyway - because of that.)

6 comments:

mist1 said...

My dentist just broke up with me. Somehow, I feel like this post was your attempt to rub this fact in my face.

Seriously, does Dr. Bruss miss me yet? I have great teeth.

Library Mama said...

Mist, I'm just getting you back for holding spring hostage.

Give her back and I'll see what I can do with Dr. Bruss.

Suzan Abrams, email: suzanabrams@live.co.uk said...

I clean forgot about Ruffy, LM :-)
I remember when I first got to know you and read the early posts, it had to do with you all going on holiday and coming back with Ruffy sick.

And then later, a bicycle got almost lost in the park... You've had adventures, haven't you. :-)

Library Mama said...

Every day is a new adventure in this household, Susan! :-)

Dino said...

cool new layout

Library Mama said...

Katy - Thank you. I haven't quite decided if I like it or not. I do like that the font is larger for my old eyes! ;-)

Visits