Thoughts on motherhood, marriage, education, and life in general...

About Me

My photo
I am a mom, a wife, and a teacher-librarian. I have four boys at home: Main Man (44), #1 (14), #2 (11), and #3 (7). Although they keep me very busy, I also look after a library for an elementary student population of 500 (give or take). I love my family; I love my job.

Monday, April 09, 2007

I Am One Proud Mama!

#2 came home from school one day last week very excited.

His class had participated in a city-wide writing assessment. Each Grade Four student in the system wrote on the topic "A Memorable Event" and then the stories were sent into the division office to be graded by committee.

He was the only student in Grade Four in his whole school to achieved a mark of 6 on his assessment, the highest mark available.

Here is the description of a piece of "6" writing:

This piece is full of creative ideas, with lots of interesting details. The lead hooks the reader's attention and the conclusion wraps the piece up neatly. Through the whole piece, the words are powerful and the writer's voice is strong. This piece is a pleasure to read or brings out strong feelings for the reader.

That's my boy!


11 comments:

Lowa said...

WOW!!!!!!!

That is SO AWESOME!

Great job #2!!!

I am sure you are just thrilled!

Library Mama said...

Yes, Lowa, we are pretty proud. :-)

Suzan Abrams, email: suzanabrams@live.co.uk said...

Hello proud mama,
Genius definitely!:-)
Plus, I've realised your son will make an excellent stand-in for your blog!

Dino said...

oh wow congratulation that is a nice praise of this essay. Good Job!

Library Mama said...

Susan - That crossed my mind as well. I should get him to fill in during my busy times.

Katy - Thank you, Katy. I will pass your congrats on to him.

Anonymous said...

Very exciting! Congrats to you and your wonderful writer!

Mentok said...

That's YOUR boy? No, no, that's MY boy. ;-)

Library Mama said...

Carrie - Thank you! Over this Easter holiday, he is working on a script for a play that he plans to produce with his schoolfriends. It is a parody of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. He is such a hoot!

Mentok - Let's compromise. That's our boy! (Although you have a point - he gets his writing abilities from you.)

Library Mama said...

Thanks, BlondeMom. I agree!

Library Mama said...

test

Anonymous said...

This is a great Blog! But if you want to really
earn money from home work with a system that is
good and is as simple as owning your own
ATM Cash Machine!
ATM CASH

Visits