Thoughts on motherhood, marriage, education, and life in general...

About Me

My photo
I am a mom, a wife, and a teacher-librarian. I have four boys at home: Main Man (44), #1 (14), #2 (11), and #3 (7). Although they keep me very busy, I also look after a library for an elementary student population of 500 (give or take). I love my family; I love my job.

Sunday, April 15, 2007

Beaver Fever

There was a young fellow at our favourite Guinness-serving establishment last night wearing a T-shirt that read, "I have beaver fever."

I was tempted to approach him, shake his hand and tell him that, as the mother of three boys who have all benefitted from the Beaver program, I truly appreciate his work with the children. I also wanted to tell him that I'm especially appreciative of his commitment in light of the evidence that the work is affecting his health.

Now that's dedication!

11 comments:

BarbaraMG said...

LOL! A l ot of men have Beaver Fever and simply don't have the shirt.

Lowa said...

Wow! They certainly make all kinds of t-shirts these days, eh??

That would have been funny if you had gone and told him those things. I wonder how speechless he would have been if he thought you were serious and didn't know what his shirt REALLY meant! LOL

Molecular Turtle said...

LOL. That would have been great. At least these days we have a way of visually determining immediately who we shouldn't waste our time talking to.

Library Mama said...

Barbara - You're right. I guess he'd been there, done that, and gotten the T-shirt! :-)

Lowa - Main Man dared me to after I told him my idea, but I've never been one to pander to peer pressure.

Turtle - That's right. I hate to judge a book by its cover, but this was just a little too clearly displayed.

Big Pissy said...

heh heh!

Haven't seen that t-shirt!

Funny!

Library Mama said...

I wish I hadn't seen it either, Pissy.

Dino said...

okay I am confused what do cute beavers have to do with boys?

mist1 said...

I am more of a Wally Cleaver fan than The Beav.

Library Mama said...

Katy - Hmmm, I think the language barrier is causing a problem here. "Beaver" can mean a certain female part of the anatomy. "Beavers" can also be a club for little boys, a precursor to Boy Scouts. Hope that helps.

Mist - Really? I didn't like the way Wally said, "Dry up, Beaver."

Suzan Abrams, email: suzanabrams@live.co.uk said...

Ha-Ha, nice one LM! :-)

Library Mama said...

Susan - Glad you liked it. ;-)

Visits