Thoughts on motherhood, marriage, education, and life in general...

About Me

My photo
I am a mom, a wife, and a teacher-librarian. I have four boys at home: Main Man (44), #1 (14), #2 (11), and #3 (7). Although they keep me very busy, I also look after a library for an elementary student population of 500 (give or take). I love my family; I love my job.

Friday, May 12, 2006

Who's Johnny?

Well, Mentok has asked for it, and we all know that when Mentok asks for it, he gets it...... a blog post, that is, you with the naughty minds!

I just wasn't sure this story about #3 would translate well into print.

When I went to pick him up at daycare a few days ago, one of the daycare ladies had a funny grin on her face. She proceeded to tell me that #3 had been saying to a few of the kids, "Can I call you Johnny?" Now, it's not so much what he was saying as how he was saying it; like a lounge lizard or like Jack Nicholson in The Shining.

"Can I call you Johnny?"

When she asked him why he wanted to call his friends Johnny when he knew their real names, he replied (apparently in a bit of a patronizing tone), "Well, you know, like Johnny Tesch, on the radio."

Don't ask me; I'm just the mother.

5 comments:

BarbaraMG said...

Thanks for visiting my blog! :)

I have almost given up on Map of Glass. I just can't get into it. For me reading has always been about enjoyment and relaxation and neither is happening with MOP.

Bathroom Hippo said...



John Tesch funded Osama in Tora bora.

Library Mama said...

Welcome Barbara. Good to hear from you. Good luck with Map of Glass, but if you don't finish it, please don't suffer from Readers' Guilt. Know what I'm talking about?

Hippo, how do you know all these things? You are a veritable fountain of information! I will be sure to inform #3.

Bathroom Hippo said...



I was joking about Tesch. Would hate to ruin #3's respect for the man.

Maybe #3 ought to have a new idol? Perhaps Ronald Reagan? Harvey Birdman, or Peter Potamus?

Library Mama said...

How 'bout Mentok the Mind Taker, Hippo? ;)

Visits