Thoughts on motherhood, marriage, education, and life in general...

About Me

My photo
I am a mom, a wife, and a teacher-librarian. I have four boys at home: Main Man (44), #1 (14), #2 (11), and #3 (7). Although they keep me very busy, I also look after a library for an elementary student population of 500 (give or take). I love my family; I love my job.

Thursday, May 11, 2006

Is it Hot in Here?

Main Man was teasing the boys at the dinner table a couple of nights ago, trying to find out who their girlfriends were. The conversation sauntered over to which actress they thought was the prettiest. After a little deliberation, #1 and #2 agreed on Jessica Alba.

#3 had been surprisingly quiet during this discussion, but, not to be outdone, he decided to ask a question of clarification before he made his decision.

"Do you mean beautiful, Dad, or hot ?" and it is difficult to depict the gutteral style with which he said "hot" in print.

He may be ready for kindergarten, but is kindergarten ready for him?

4 comments:

Mentok said...

For the record, I did not concur with the Jessica Alba decision.

It's worth noting for emphasis that I did not use the term "hot" in posing the original question. Duckenheimer came up with that entirely on his own.

Weren't you going to tell the Johnny story? I'll post it as a comment unless you want to keep it as a post.

Anonymous said...

LOL! Knowing your family this must have been a VERRY funny conversation!

LM Great Blog! I come check it out nearly daily!

A

Bathroom Hippo said...



Alba is alright. I prefer those who carry huge melons.

That was straight and to the point.

PS> I think #3 is gay.

Library Mama said...

Hi A, Nice to see you. Come often. Stay awhile. Kick your shoes off.

Yes, Hippo, you are always straight and to the point. And no, I definitely don't think #3 is gay. He is actually pining over his first little girlfriend dumping him right now. And no, (I can read your mind) she did not dump him because he's gay!

Visits