Thoughts on motherhood, marriage, education, and life in general...

About Me

My photo
I am a mom, a wife, and a teacher-librarian. I have four boys at home: Main Man (44), #1 (14), #2 (11), and #3 (7). Although they keep me very busy, I also look after a library for an elementary student population of 500 (give or take). I love my family; I love my job.

Monday, May 08, 2006

Comics and Candies

Took the boys to "Free Comic Book Day" at the local comic shop. And it is truly local; #1 rides his bike there regularly. I managed to leave the store after spending only $18 and change - not bad with my three. Thank goodness their father wasn't with us!

Because, yes, "Free Comic Book Day" is, of course, not a charity event. It is a way to suck in unsuspecting mothers who want to take their sons on a Saturday outing, and, seeing the word "free", think this is just the place for some bonding to take place. Unfortunately, I missed the meeting where they changed the rules and decided that bonding cannot take place unless cash is spent.

I shouldn't be such a cynic. The boys have already had my money's worth out of their purchases. #3 even slept with the action figure he chose. Guess $18 isn't such a big deal. They've actually been fighting a little less since they've had the distraction of their new items. Yeah, there's the ticket...

Time again for a commercial break...


Gummy Bears
You may be smooshie and taste unnatural, but you're so darn cute.

What Kind of Candy Are You?
http://www.blogthings.com/whatkindofcandyareyouquiz/

I don't even like gummy bears! What a ripoff.

3 comments:

Bathroom Hippo said...


$18 is nothing.


I wasted hundreds on Spider-man.

Bathroom Hippo said...


P.S>

I put a hit out on the comic book guy.

Library Mama said...

I know $18 isn't much, Hippo. Actually, Mentok has been a collector since he was a boy, and we have thousands of dollars worth of comics and collectibles in our basement.
Lucky me!

Visits