Thoughts on motherhood, marriage, education, and life in general...

About Me

My photo
I am a mom, a wife, and a teacher-librarian. I have four boys at home: Main Man (44), #1 (14), #2 (11), and #3 (7). Although they keep me very busy, I also look after a library for an elementary student population of 500 (give or take). I love my family; I love my job.

Friday, May 05, 2006

Freaky Friday

A Collection of Weird and Wonderful Things I Have Encountered this Week

While driving home from work one day, I followed a Harley-Davidson with a Shriner symbol on the back. The guy was keeping safety in mind, though, and he had his helmet on over his fez. Okay, that last part is poetic license.

There's one of those cheque-cashing places on my way to work, and it's called The Cash Store. The name makes sense, I suppose, but doesn't it beg the question, "What do they sell?" and if the answer is cash, then, "How do you pay for it?"

While planning a lesson about being selective about web resources, I ran into three interesting sites. Check them out.
- the tree octopus
- dehydrated water
- Lake Michigan whale watching

We bought some new patio chairs, and they were very clearly labelled, "Chairs are for sitting purposes only." Ah darn, wish I'd read that before I bought them; I was planning to cut them up and add them to my spaghetti sauce!

A piece of useless trivia for your weekend enjoyment:
A sparrow has more bones in its neck than a giraffe.

And speaking of the weekend, have a great one, everybody!

1 comment:

Mentok said...

You mock the chair warning, but how many times have we told our kids exactly that?

;-)

Visits