Thoughts on motherhood, marriage, education, and life in general...

About Me

My photo
I am a mom, a wife, and a teacher-librarian. I have four boys at home: Main Man (44), #1 (14), #2 (11), and #3 (7). Although they keep me very busy, I also look after a library for an elementary student population of 500 (give or take). I love my family; I love my job.

Thursday, May 18, 2006

Marcia, Marcia, Marcia

You Are Jan Brady
Brainy and a little introverted, you tend to think life is a lot worse than it actually is.
And while you may think you're a little goofy looking, most people consider you to be a major babe.
What Brady Are You?
http://www.blogthings.com/whatbradyareyouquiz/

So I took the above quiz, and I think it hit the nail on the head ('though I beg to differ on the "major babe" part).

Many of you out there have probably never seen The Brady Bunch. Boy, am I showing my age when I tell you that I watched it every day after school while I was growing up. It came on at 4:30, right after I got off my hour-long daily school bus ride.

If I had a lot of homework, or I had to practice piano, I didn't mind missing The Bunch, but 5:00 was sacred. 5:00 brought the mecca of all television programs for a pre-teen without a life who dreamed of something better.

The Partridge Family

I longed to be Laurie Partridge. I was half way there; I was a singer. I sang at church and at school functions. I took voice lessons. I could even play the piano. A little. Now all I needed was a widowed mother, an extra brother ( I already had two brothers and a sister), and a really colourful bus. Oh - and braces! How hard could that be?

I never really had the hots for Keith, but I wanted him for a brother. I felt like I would even be able to tolerate Danny. That would be my sacrifice - if only I could be Laurie.

Alas, the gods did not seem to hear my prayer. Or, more to the point, they probably heard it and had a good laugh. I did not miraculously turn into Laurie Partridge. Looking back, knowing what I know now, it's a very good thing. I don't think I'd look that great now in frilly shirts and mini-skirts. But it might have been fun to try it 25 - 30 years ago.

3 comments:

Bathroom Hippo said...



I'd rather not be a Brady.

It said I was the football that hit Marsha Brady in the nose.

Mentok said...

Laurie Partridge was hauwwt!

Oh, wait, this is my wife's blog, isn't it?

I meant to say Laurie Partridge was a skank, like every other woman in the world except you, honey ;-)

Bathroom Hippo said...



Hahaha.

Laurie Patridge was a dude!

Visits