Thoughts on motherhood, marriage, education, and life in general...

About Me

My photo
I am a mom, a wife, and a teacher-librarian. I have four boys at home: Main Man (44), #1 (14), #2 (11), and #3 (7). Although they keep me very busy, I also look after a library for an elementary student population of 500 (give or take). I love my family; I love my job.

Thursday, May 04, 2006

Snow-ccer

As excited as I was Monday night when the soccer season began, I'm just as excited tonight because we have the night off! That's right - none of the boys have a game scheduled tonight. That will be the exception to the rule on a weeknight for the next two months, so we better celebrate.

Last night, by the way, #3 and #2 both had games and it snowed! We're pretty tough up here in the northland, so, no, the games weren't cancelled. However, #3's game (remember - he's 5) was shortened from 45 minutes to half an hour. Boy, we have some dedicated people in charge. By the way, #3 couldn't really understand why his game was cut short - why wouldn't anyone want to play soccer in the snow??

So, yes, I'm off to enjoy my leisurely night catching up on dishes, laundry, marking papers, and all the other things that have fallen by the wayside while I've been lazily freezing on the sidelines.

2 comments:

Bathroom Hippo said...



#3 broke my window. I was going to consult you about it but I had to go #2. After using the plunger on #2 I proceeded out the door when I was approached by #1. I had to buy new pants.

Library Mama said...

Is this your subtle way of telling me I have to come up with more imaginative names for the boys, Hippo? ;)

Any ideas? (Keep it clean.)

L. Mama

Visits