Thoughts on motherhood, marriage, education, and life in general...

About Me

My photo
I am a mom, a wife, and a teacher-librarian. I have four boys at home: Main Man (44), #1 (14), #2 (11), and #3 (7). Although they keep me very busy, I also look after a library for an elementary student population of 500 (give or take). I love my family; I love my job.

Monday, May 29, 2006

What Would Jesus Drive?

After finding a parking space at the church yesterday, the boys and I got out of the van. As we walked past the front of the van, #3 pointed down and asked, "What does that say?"

Someone had grafitti-ed onto the curb outside the church in black spray paint. My first reaction was to try to ignore it and shepherd the boys inside quickly. Any previous grafitti outside the church had been rather profane.

Upon further inspection, however, I found these particular artists were not as offensive in nature and, in fact, had quite a sense of humour.

They had painted labels onto the curb, indicating parking spaces for Jesus and God.

It appeared that we had evidently just stolen Jesus's parking spot.

5 comments:

Mentok said...

Cool picture! Where ever did you find it?

Bathroom Hippo said...


Jesus drove an SUV.

2 MPG.

Get used to it Canada!

Bathroom Hippo said...


Is that your sons' toy?

Library Mama said...

The pic came from good ol' Google images, and no, Hippo, it doesn't belong to my son. Although it does look like a cool toy.

freethoughtguy said...

Jesus did not drive, but didn't he walk on water?

Let's see what those "particular artists" do with tagging the swimming pool!

Visits