Thoughts on motherhood, marriage, education, and life in general...

About Me

My photo
I am a mom, a wife, and a teacher-librarian. I have four boys at home: Main Man (44), #1 (14), #2 (11), and #3 (7). Although they keep me very busy, I also look after a library for an elementary student population of 500 (give or take). I love my family; I love my job.

Sunday, April 30, 2006

Random Observations

Just a few observations about the last couple of days.

Finally found an acceptable blog name for my husband. I hated "hubby", but couldn't think of anything better at the time. Now he's my Main Man.

Friday night, Main Man and I went on a date. Life is so much easier since our oldest passed his babysitting course. We can actually maintain some semblance of spontaniety. Unfortunately, in this sad, sorry little city we live in, there really isn't a lot to do on a moment's notice.

We ended up going shopping and then out for drinks. I bought a few things, but my favourite is a black swingy skirt with colourful embroidery. I wore it to church this morning, and felt very girly. I shop so seldom that I'm not very good at it. I hate trying things on.

Going for drinks was fun; just the two of us talking about life. It never ceases to amaze me how two adults can spend so much time together, but seldom complete a conversation. The odd thing is that, often when we do go out, just the two of us, it takes a while to get in the groove of conversation. Guess we're out of practice.

I took the boys to the park yesterday and we had a "picnic" (really just snacks). The sun was brilliant, and I sat on a bench and read while they played in the playground. It's a summer tradition for us to try out lots of different playgrounds in the city. This year will be no different, I expect, even though our oldest will be on the cusp of being too old for it all. He still seemed to enjoy himself yesterday with his brothers. We're very fortunate, really. Sibling rivalry can be an issue once in a while, but, on the whole, all three of our boys are very close.

Oldest son had a friend over for a sleepover (wakeover?) last night. They had a ball. We rented an Xbox (we will never own one), and the movie King Kong for them, and they camped out in the basement with their sleeping bags and pillows, snacks and drinks. They even allowed the other two boys to hang out with them until the little ones' bedtimes. Of course, there was no such thing as bedtime for the wakeover boys, who awakened me at 5 am with their laughter. Aaaaaah - to have that energy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Finally the woman behind Mentok. Wow, Mentok on a date? Good luck with your blog.

Visits