Thoughts on motherhood, marriage, education, and life in general...

About Me

My photo
I am a mom, a wife, and a teacher-librarian. I have four boys at home: Main Man (44), #1 (14), #2 (11), and #3 (7). Although they keep me very busy, I also look after a library for an elementary student population of 500 (give or take). I love my family; I love my job.

Thursday, April 13, 2006

Sick or Treat

Well, today I was too sick to go to work - just in time for the Easter break. Lucky me.

I've encountered an interesting phenomenon with this bout of - I don't know - sickness. Whenever I start to feel slightly better after an illness and begin to regain my appetite, I always allow myself the indulgence of eating whatever I feel like for a little while. You know - comfort food time.

Well, this time, even though I'm giving myself that permission, all I feel like are things like yogurt, strawberries, celery (Yes, that says celery!), and light soup.

You see, I've been eating very healthily since Christmas and have managed to lose a bit of weight. I'm not even worried right now that I will gain it back because I've had no appetite lately, and I actually have ground to make up.

Here's an example. Yesterday, some wonderful parents from our school dropped off some treats for the staff. There was a wide variety of munchies, including some Heavenly (with a capital H) chocolate chip cookies. I was firmly in my comfort- I will allow myself to eat anything - stage, but I had no interest at all.

Was I sick or what?

Let's hope we're finished with that soon. I mean, the Big Bunny arrives in just a few days. I want to be able to enjoy my chocolate!

1 comment:

Mentok said...

Do you mean 'sick' as in actually ill or do you mean 'sick' like the kids these days say, meaning 'good' or 'groovy'.

'Cause you're definitely groovy, my lady, so in that way, yeah, you are way sick.

Visits