Thoughts on motherhood, marriage, education, and life in general...

About Me

My photo
I am a mom, a wife, and a teacher-librarian. I have four boys at home: Main Man (44), #1 (14), #2 (11), and #3 (7). Although they keep me very busy, I also look after a library for an elementary student population of 500 (give or take). I love my family; I love my job.

Monday, April 24, 2006

Wiki-fun-ia

This came from midlife mama . Thanks for the great idea.

Go to Wikipedia. Look up your birthday (excluding the year). List three interesting events, three births, and three deaths, including the years they happened.

Here are mine:

Events: 1537 - The first complete English-language Bible (the Matthew Bible) is printed, with translations by William Tyndale and Miles Coverdale.

1957 - Launch of Sputnik I, the first artificial satellite to orbit Earth,
and first Avro Arrow rolled out of main plant.

1983 - Hooters restaurant first opened in Clearwater, Florida, United States.

Births: 1626 - Richard Cromwell, Lord Protector of England, Scotland, and Ireland (d. 1712)

1946 - Susan Sarandon, American actress

1976 - Alicia Silverstone, American actress

Deaths: 1226 - Saint Francis of Assisi (b. 1181)

1970 - Janis Joplin, American singer (b. 1943)

1989 - Secretariat, American race horse (b. 1970)

On another note, I heard a funny thing on David Letterman last night. Ray Romano was telling about when he met his wife. He said one of the things about her that caught his eye was that she was a pretty girl with glasses. He says that pretty girls with glasses are the best kind of pretty girls because when they take off their glasses, not only do they get more attractive, but so do the men they're with. (Ha! Love it.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey library mama,
on a kinda'-but-not-really related tangent, check out the Death Clock at http://www.deathclock.com
It looks at date of birth, attitude, smoking habit (or non-) and BMI to find out the estimated date of your death - grim but interesting. You start calculating... so if I do lose that 30 pounds, my BMI changes to this.. and my date of death changes to that.. hmmm... back to the treadmill!

-Information Goddess

Library Mama said...

The Death Clock says that I will live until 2044. I can live with that.

Thanks, IG.

-Mama

Visits