Thoughts on motherhood, marriage, education, and life in general...

About Me

My photo
I am a mom, a wife, and a teacher-librarian. I have four boys at home: Main Man (44), #1 (14), #2 (11), and #3 (7). Although they keep me very busy, I also look after a library for an elementary student population of 500 (give or take). I love my family; I love my job.

Friday, April 07, 2006

Hitting the Curb

Don't really feel much like writing today, but I'm trying to be disciplined about it.

It's Friday - I'm tired - busy week. Didn't sleep all that well last night. Kept waking to thoughts of "what I haven't done". You know - all those little things you meant to do over that last few days that escaped your mind. Generally, they escaped your mind because they weren't important, but at three in the morning, somehow they become monumental.

Recycle day today. Busy-ness and laziness have made me miss the last two or three, so had a real pile to deal with.

By the way, my husband (still trying to think of a catchy blogname to refer to him - one I can put in print, anyway), a professional writer, tells me that it is now acceptable to end sentences with a preposition. Not sure where he got that info, but I trust it. Well, maybe not enough to share with my fifth and sixth graders.

Anyway - back to recycling. Boy, is my mind going in a million directions! It probably took me over a half hour last night to sort through the stack we had managed to stockpile in the cellar. Luckily, most of the people (me!) who deal with the stuff remember to rinse. Otherwise, it would be pretty grody.

Don't you wish you could just sort all your cares, concerns, and complications, and cast them on the curb for someone else to concentrate on?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So know what you mean! When I have the 3 AM mindstorm, I have to do a "brain dump" -- write everything down on a 3 x 5 card (or back of envelope) no matter how small a detail, just so it's captured. Sometimes I can then go back to sleep relatively easily.

-- The Information Goddess

Library Mama said...

Good idea, IG.

A wise friend ;) once told me that if her eye-opening ideas were work-related, she would phone and leave a message on her work voicemail, addressing the problem. Then she could resume some shut-eye, knowing she had done something about her concerns.

Visits