Thoughts on motherhood, marriage, education, and life in general...

About Me

My photo
I am a mom, a wife, and a teacher-librarian. I have four boys at home: Main Man (44), #1 (14), #2 (11), and #3 (7). Although they keep me very busy, I also look after a library for an elementary student population of 500 (give or take). I love my family; I love my job.

Saturday, April 29, 2006

Dose of Reality

Isn't it amazing the ability children have to jolt you back to reality?

I was sitting at the computer this morning, visiting blogs and writing emails, when the boys began to awaken. Soon, it was a contest to see how many different reasons they could come up with to get me to get up from the computer to help them with something. Eventually, the older two, who are quite capable, were asking me to prepare their breakfast. (BTW, their dad was in the kitchen with them, reading the newspaper.)

Finally, I exclaimed, "What's up! Why can't you guys get your own breakfasts?"

The reply from my five-year-old was, "Well, I'm sorry you have to feed your kids, but..."

Ding-dong - Reality calling!

No comments:

Visits