Thoughts on motherhood, marriage, education, and life in general...

About Me

My photo
I am a mom, a wife, and a teacher-librarian. I have four boys at home: Main Man (44), #1 (14), #2 (11), and #3 (7). Although they keep me very busy, I also look after a library for an elementary student population of 500 (give or take). I love my family; I love my job.

Monday, April 03, 2006

Spring Cold

I hate waking up with a cold.

It's spring outside - finally nice enough to spend some time out there, amongst the living, and I feel like curling up in bed with a cup of tea, a box of tissues (and I don't mean Barbie-sized!), and a good magazine. The way I feel, I wouldn't have the attention span for a book.

But, no, I'm up and at it the same time as always. Why? Well, I travel in a circle where you don't take time off for things like colds or headaches. I work with some very dedicated people. Also, though, I'm a teacher, and preparing for a substitute teacher is often more work than showing up and getting the job done yourself.

I'll just make sure not to touch anyone or breath on anyone, and to wash my hands a million times, and I'll take two oranges in my lunch, and I'll snack on chewable vitamin Cs.

Gee - just thought of something. Maybe God's getting me back for the fishnets! (Just kidding.)

No comments:

Visits