Thoughts on motherhood, marriage, education, and life in general...

About Me

My photo
I am a mom, a wife, and a teacher-librarian. I have four boys at home: Main Man (44), #1 (14), #2 (11), and #3 (7). Although they keep me very busy, I also look after a library for an elementary student population of 500 (give or take). I love my family; I love my job.

Saturday, April 08, 2006

An Evening in the Life...

Enjoyable evening last night.

Got home from work to find that hubby dearest and the three stooges had planned supper out. Of course, "planned supper out" simply means that they had decided we would go out. No one had decided where to go yet, so I was able to observe the ensuing argument among the four of them, as they all made the assumption that "Mom would rather go to....." (plug in their own favourite restaurant)

Oddly enough, the argument was useful, as they finally (sort of) agreed, mostly because the chosen restaurant was Dad's favourite, and he's not only the biggest, he's the driver.

Had a to die for chicken taco salad, the two youngest fry had chicken fingers and fries and loved them (and the chicken actually resembled chicken!), and hubby and the oldest shared a pizza. Hubby declared it the best pizza he'd ever tasted. That's saying something!

Then, home just in time to call up a friend to go for a planned coffee date. Left the rest of the family to settle down to a dark house and the DVD of Forrest Gump (no popcorn - everyone too full from supper out), and out for a girls' night out.

Great convo! We came to the conclusion that we are married to the same man - at least when it comes to doing dishes. Why is it that when we wives go out for the evening, the husbands leave the dishes until we drive into the driveway? Is it because they are worried they won't receive the deserved recognition unless we observe them performing the task? Or is it that if they leave it long enough, we'll do it for them? Feel free to leave your own observations, girls, in the comment box!

Anyway, off to a busy day today. I'll be at the church from 8:30 to 1:00, then off to school for the dress rehearsal of our musical performance next week from 1:00 to 7:00. Hope hubby and the boys don't forget what I look like.

Oh - got to add this. I was thinking of Europe again last night. Funny thing is, Dublin is one European city I didn't get to visit. Guess I have to now....

You Belong in Dublin
Friendly and down to earth, you want to enjoy Europe without snobbery or pretensions.
You're the perfect person to go wild on a pub crawl... or enjoy a quiet bike ride through the old part of town.


What European City Do You Belong In?
http://www.blogthings.com/whateuropeancitydoyoubelonginquiz/



2 comments:

Mentok said...

You don't belong in Dublin. You belong here with me, my lady, deep inside my secret mountain lair. ;-)

Library Mama said...

Still, today I wish I were in Dublin.

I'm not happy with the way my hair is falling over my shoulder.

Visits