Thoughts on motherhood, marriage, education, and life in general...

About Me

My photo
I am a mom, a wife, and a teacher-librarian. I have four boys at home: Main Man (44), #1 (14), #2 (11), and #3 (7). Although they keep me very busy, I also look after a library for an elementary student population of 500 (give or take). I love my family; I love my job.

Sunday, April 16, 2006

The Bottom of the Ocean

I feel really down today. No reason. Just 'cause.

When some people are sad, they can express it with such poetry, such cadence. Not so with me. There's no music, no rhythm, no lyricism when I'm sad. There's just a massive weight at the bottom of the ocean. With luck, I can move it soon.

I shouldn't be writing this. I'm known for being upbeat, the one to make others laugh, to help them see the funny side of things. What will people think?

Actually, no one will know, I'm sure. I'm not sure why I even thought people would be interested in reading a blog by me. It's been good for me, though. The discipline, the exercise of writing. Every week, I expect students to jump in and write something for me. It's been a real lesson for me to be on the other side of the process.

Well, I was determined to write every day, so I guess it can't always be interesting, can it?
Not with someone boring like me, anyway.

Hey, aren't there really high-paying jobs for people who are boring at the bottom of the ocean? I should check that out!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Everybody deserves a mope every one in a while. Have at it! Luxuriate in it for a day (and then strengthened, move on to see the joy, as in your post from Saturday)(my lord, that was trite wasn't it, sorry)
Rest assured your blog isn't boring to your loyal legion of readers. I tune in every day for another installment.
-Informaton Goddess

Library Mama said...

Thanks, I. Goddess.

Nice to know someone's out there reading. :)

Visits