Thoughts on motherhood, marriage, education, and life in general...

About Me

My photo
I am a mom, a wife, and a teacher-librarian. I have four boys at home: Main Man (44), #1 (14), #2 (11), and #3 (7). Although they keep me very busy, I also look after a library for an elementary student population of 500 (give or take). I love my family; I love my job.

Thursday, January 04, 2007

Thankful Thursday


This week I am thankful...

...for my blogfriend Happy and Blue 2, who reminded me in his post today that it is indeed Thursday and that it is time for me to resume being thankful.

...for the outdoor rink across the street, where my boys play hockey with their friends. Allow me to let you in on a secret: my boys are not really all that athletic. Watching them play hockey with their friends almost brings tears to my eyes - that's what being a Canadian kid is all about.

...that Main Man is back at work this week and that I am not. He's a veritable slave driver, that man, and the boys and I are quite enjoying our week off.

...that my whole family was able to be together for Christmas dinner. It was a blast for me, but, even more important, the boys got a chance to see every one of their cousins on my side. They seem to know their cousins on Main Man's side so much better, probably because they're closer in age to them, and it meant a lot to me to see them "hang out" with the ones on my side.

...that the weather this week has been heavenly - temperatures 15 - 20 degrees higher than normal. (The boys are complaining, though, that the rink across the street is melting.)

...for my fabulous shopping trip earlier this evening. I was able to buy a new pair of skates and a pair of pants for #1, two pairs of winter boots, a sweater, a pair of gloves for me and more, and the whole bill came to $105. Nothing (well, almost nothing ;-) satisfies me as much as a great buy!

...for the delicious lunch Main Man and I had today. He took me out for Indian food. It was one of the most delectable meals I've ever had.

...that I have a comfy bed to crawl into as soon as I finish this list.

Have a great week, everybody!

13 comments:

Suzan Abrams, email: suzanabrams@live.co.uk said...

Dear LM,
Sounds like you've had a wonderful time. Could add on a Gidget film to the list... Hope next week beats this.

I wondered what sort of an Indian meal it was that you found delectable.
Was it a tandoori chicken maybe?

love

Dino said...

mhh I love indian food. We have a great buffett nearby and I go there as often as I can

Library Mama said...

Susan - it was a delectable buffet. Tandoori chicken was one of the dishes, but there was also aloo gobi (Did I spell that correctly?) and a wonderful ground pork/green pea dish and many other side dishes and breads that I simply can't remember the names of. I think Main Man and I will make that restaurant a regular haunt.

Katy - if your buffet place is as good as ours, no wonder you try to go there often. This was phenomenal!

Dino said...

ours is frequented by a lot of indians so at least its authentic.

having finished my memorable 2006 - I guess I have a few things to be thankfull for :)

Lowa said...

YUM! Sounds awesome.

We are going for Indian food soon with Stud's work peoples. I am excited! How is this for our calorie counting, though?? I have no idea of the content and calories of these foods, do you??

That is so nice about your kids and the cousins on YOUR side. I know JUST how you feel! My kids went over three years at one point without seeing their my brother's kids. In fact, my brother and his kids did not even meet Princess until she was almost two years old. NOT good:(

Library Mama said...

Katy - that is how we judge our ethnic restaurants, too. And yes, you have had a year to be thankful for!

Lowa - it was awesome. I'm not sure about the calorie counts, but as long as it's a rare thing, I don't think it hurts to treat yourself. I was very careful not to go for seconds, though, and that was tough!

..................... said...

sounds like you had a great holiday. and lots of stuff ot be thankful about.
and i envy you your days off. our kids went back to school this wednesday. at least it was a short week.

Library Mama said...

Schaumi - good to hear from you. I hope you had a great holiday. And, as much as I enjoyed my days off, it would be nice to start back with a short week. Happy New Year!

Molecular Turtle said...

That's such a cute post. The weather here has been fantastic as well.

Library Mama said...

Thanks, Turtle. I used to do Thankful Thursday every week, but the holidays threw me off a bit.

Suzan Abrams, email: suzanabrams@live.co.uk said...

Hi LM,
Mouthwatering indeed! *grin*
The different breads are often called names like nan, puri or even chappati.
And these take the place of rice.
I think they would also have aloos for diffent foods like spinach and potatoes which are always delicious and popular in London.
Oh, I'm hungry now. Have a great weekend,LM. :-)

Demara said...

I just thought I'd say a quick "hi" and let you know I stopped by for a visit. From what I read it sounds as though you are a very energetic individual, and very optimistic, that's so refreshing, Thank-you!

Library Mama said...

Susan - You are correct. Truly mouthwatering. Hope your weekend is going well too.

Demara - How nice to meet you. Thank you for stopping by and saying, "Hi!" I will pop by your place soon. Come visit again anytime.

Visits