Thoughts on motherhood, marriage, education, and life in general...

About Me

My photo
I am a mom, a wife, and a teacher-librarian. I have four boys at home: Main Man (44), #1 (14), #2 (11), and #3 (7). Although they keep me very busy, I also look after a library for an elementary student population of 500 (give or take). I love my family; I love my job.

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

I Hate This Commercial!

I can't believe McDonald's is airing this commercial. How are parents supposed to teach their children how to treat others with respect and kindness when this is the sort of garbage they watch on television?

I can monitor my kids' shows, but this commercial comes on during programs I sanction.

What do you think? Am I overreacting? Or do you think these women (and their male friend) are witches?




BTW - Today is #2's tenth birthday. I can't believe it's been ten whole years! Happy birthday to you, Sweetie!

9 comments:

Dino said...

yeah it is not one of their better ones. I do not like it.

Big Pissy said...

There was no commercial.

Only a news segment about a college student giving away a play station 3...

Library Mama said...

Katy - I know - I usually like McDonald's ads, but this one is terrible!

Pissy - Really? I'll have to ask Main Man what's wrong.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to your Son..
Double digits.Wooooo..

I've seen this ad and I always think the guy they are making fun of is lucky not to go out with her..

Lowa said...

Wow. That is really despicable! Thank goodness we have Tivo and our kids FF through any commericals they might see. Although we usually watch any TV with them, if at all possible. Still, some kids will see this for sure. It really is disgusting. I don't see what was wrong with that guy, he looked like a real sweety pie!

Happy Birthday #2! WOW! Your boys are around the same age difference as our three, I think. Cryptic was 2 years and 7 months when Jock was born and then Clown came along a month before Jock's third birthday.

What are the party plans??

Library Mama said...

Happy - Yes, we were off to Chuck E. Cheese's for supper tonight. Rah-rah! Oh, I guess I should take off my party-pooper hat already.

Good point about the commercial. He is better off without her.

Lowa - I knew you would agree with me. I think he looks kinda sweet too.

Our #1 and #2 are 2 and a half years apart, and #2 and #3 are 3 years, 9 months apart. So I guess #2 and #3 are a little further apart than yours.

His official party is 2 weekends away - a Harry Potter theme this year.

mist1 said...

When I skip snack time, I don't agree to first dates. I'm b*tchy.

Suzan Abrams, email: suzanabrams@live.co.uk said...

Dear LM,
Perhaps you could explain to your kids why you find that particular commercial distasteful and then they'll be able to study another perspective of what they've just seen. Not in good taste, I agree.
So another party, cake & pressies!
with love

Library Mama said...

Mist1 - Hey, you're right. Me too! Not only is the commercial nasty, it's inaccurate. Another reason to hate it. BTW, welcome. Hope to see you again soon.

Susan - Oh, I have, and my boys have grown to dislike it as much as I have. And yes, another party coming up. #2 is definitely excited.

Visits