Thoughts on motherhood, marriage, education, and life in general...

About Me

My photo
I am a mom, a wife, and a teacher-librarian. I have four boys at home: Main Man (44), #1 (14), #2 (11), and #3 (7). Although they keep me very busy, I also look after a library for an elementary student population of 500 (give or take). I love my family; I love my job.

Monday, January 08, 2007

Back to the Grind


Well, when my alarm went off at 6:00 this morning, I was not looking forward to going back to school.

And as I put on pantyhose for the first time in two weeks, I was not looking forward to going back.

And as I packed my boring lunch into my ugly lunchbag, I was not looking forward to going back.

And as I scraped the ice off my windshield this frigid morning, I was not looking forward to going back.

And as I battled traffic on the icy streets through the dark early morning, I was not looking forward to going back.

But you know, once I got there, listening to all the students' excitement about the holidays and comparing holidays with my colleagues, I was actually happy to be back.

Routine brings out the best in me, I guess...

7 comments:

Lowa said...

Glad you are now happy to be back! I can't imagine how hard it must be to pry yourself out of the nice warm bed. I did that this morning at 6:30 to go to Curves. however, then I came back home and climbed back in again when I was finished my workout! You don't have that luxury.

I want to get into a routine...some of my kids really prefer it and need to know what happens when. Really need to get my act together. I am getting much lazier with age!

Bathroom Hippo said...


Woah... I hadn't realized you'd been blogging back to normal...

Sorry I missed out!

Today was my first day of school...bleh.... Tomorrow will be more difficult. I also plan on exercising this year..and hope to be at my goal weight by the end of February. Any advice?!?

Anonymous said...

It's nice to get things back into a more normal routine. Kind of anyways, ha,ha..

Library Mama said...

Lowa - It wasn't quite as bad as I expected, actually.

Hippo - Hi there! I wondered what had happened to you. Yes, I'm pretty much back, but my entries may not be super-regular. So far so good, though.

Good luck with this term at school. And good luck with the exercising and weight loss. I'm not a big exerciser. More of a "salad girl", myself. I love a huge salad with a variety of veggies and some protein for an added boost. I'm not sure that's a guy's way to do it, though.

Good to have you back, Hip!

Suzan Abrams, email: suzanabrams@live.co.uk said...

Oh wonderful, LM!
You have a lovely time & I look forward to hearing all about it.
Thank you for the delicious posts you managed in the meantime.
love

Dino said...

i am still dreading the back to work / school now its minimum amount of sleep and no social life. I can't wait to gratuate and just have one job vs 4

Library Mama said...

Happy - You and I were commenting here at exactly the same time up above. How Twilight Zone!

BlondeMom - I hear ya, sister!

Susan - Thank you for all of your kind words.

Katy - Your college experience sound much like mine was, only I had just three jobs, not four. Good luck with them all.

Visits