Thoughts on motherhood, marriage, education, and life in general...

About Me

My photo
I am a mom, a wife, and a teacher-librarian. I have four boys at home: Main Man (44), #1 (14), #2 (11), and #3 (7). Although they keep me very busy, I also look after a library for an elementary student population of 500 (give or take). I love my family; I love my job.

Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Ahhh, Gee, Moondoggie!


Main Man and I caught the original Gidget on Turner Classic Movies last night.

Honest to goodness - it was the absolute ultimate!

Main Man had never seen it before, but it used to be one of my favourite movies when I was a teenager. (No, I didn't see it when it was in the theatres; I watched it on TV!)

Looking back, maybe it was one of my favourites because Gidget proved that even skinny awkward tomboys (like I was) had a chance with the cute boys.

11 comments:

Dino said...

I love the Gidget movies. I try to catch them whenever I get a chance.

Library Mama said...

Katy - I'm not even sure I've seen any of the other ones, but I'll have to make it a point to try. I love the original.

Bathroom Hippo said...


It's a shame that cute girls have to age...

Tomboys are cool.

Library Mama said...

Hippo - Are you calling me old??

Bathroom Hippo said...


Errrr...

Hey! Look over there!

Library Mama said...

Haha Hippo! You'll make a great husband someday. ;-)

Anonymous said...

Gidget is really cute. If that is her real name..
Is she still alive..

Lowa said...

Just added it to my Netflix list!

Library Mama said...

Georgiabelle - How great to hear from you! You've got to see it. I think you'd love it. Yes, my holidays were great. My whole family was together for Christmas dinner. Glad to hear your holidays were good.

Happy - That is a really cute pic of Gidget, isn't it? Sandra Dee played her in the original, but there was a new actress for just about every movie following that. Unfortunately, Sandra Dee passed away in 2005.

Lowa - You and Princess should watch it together. It's just too cute!

Suzan Abrams, email: suzanabrams@live.co.uk said...

Hi LM,

I watched all the Gidget movies. And I believe at the time, there were stars in my eyes!

My favourite was the one where Gidget went to the United Nations with Karen Valentine in its starring role. And of course, who could forget the dreamy Frankie Avalon.

happy new year!

Library Mama said...

Okay, Susan, you've definitely settled it for me. I must get a hold of those Gidget sequels before my holidays are over. They sound simply irresistible!

Visits