Thoughts on motherhood, marriage, education, and life in general...

About Me

My photo
I am a mom, a wife, and a teacher-librarian. I have four boys at home: Main Man (44), #1 (14), #2 (11), and #3 (7). Although they keep me very busy, I also look after a library for an elementary student population of 500 (give or take). I love my family; I love my job.

Monday, January 15, 2007

Confusion

Main Man and I went out Saturday evening to our favourite nightspot.

It is our habit to sit upstairs and watch the dancers from the balcony. On a creative evening, we make up elaborate stories about the people below. This past Saturday was especially interesting as there was a bachelorette party, complete with blow-up male doll!

Poor Main Man talked himself into a corner, though.

As we scanned the crowded dance floor, I asked him which girl would have caught his eye 20 years ago. He indicated his choice and followed up with, "She's not drop-dead gorgeous, but she looks like good girlfriend material."

"Like I was in college?" I queried.

After a short but pregnant pause, "Ummm, I'm trying to figure out what the right answer is to that."

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha,ha,ha..Why do women feel the need to ask these questions..
Like the new profile picture. It looks...oh, never mind, ha,ha..

Suzan Abrams, email: suzanabrams@live.co.uk said...

No dancing at all, LM?
I love dancing.
How about you?

Library Mama said...

I know, Happy. Sometimes I wonder about that too. Main Man is pretty creative, though, at staying out of trouble with his answers.

Glad you like the new pic. Thanks.

Susan - No, we don't do a lot of dancing anymore. We leave that up to the youngsters. We do love to watch them, though.

Dino said...

i love that one. He was smart enought to realize no answer would get him out of that one

Library Mama said...

Katy - You're right - he's usually pretty good at staying out of trouble. ;-)

Library Mama said...

BlondeMom - I know. There are times when he really is a Teflon man.

Visits