Thoughts on motherhood, marriage, education, and life in general...

About Me

My photo
I am a mom, a wife, and a teacher-librarian. I have four boys at home: Main Man (44), #1 (14), #2 (11), and #3 (7). Although they keep me very busy, I also look after a library for an elementary student population of 500 (give or take). I love my family; I love my job.

Thursday, August 31, 2006

Thankful Thursday


This week I am thankful for...

... 27 eager little faces eagerly waiting to see what this school year has in store for them. I have such a wonderful group - all wanting to please. I have one special needs student, but I also have a part-time educational assistant to help him with his challenges (Incidentally, I am very thankful for her, as well).

... a husband who understands how much I hate shopping and, therefore, encourages - nay, sometimes even forces - me to get out there and buy myself something. (see previous post)

... hilarious movies that provide therapy for an occupied mind. (see previous post)

... patient blog friends who still read and comment when I don't get around to their blogs nearly as often as I would like. Long weekend coming up, folks - I promise to see you all then.

... community classes that provide creative stimulation for children. This week, we enrolled #2 in a group guitar class at the music conservatory, and #3 in a boys' creative dance class at a dance studio.

... the safe arrival of my blogfriend Karen's new baby boy, which coincidentally occurred last Thankful Thursday. If you want to see some adorable pics of a beautiful new baby, visit Mommy's Time Out.

... a good night's sleep. Boy - have I been sleeping well since I've been back at school! It's amazing what exhaustion'll do for you!

Life is good!

Have a great week, everybody.

4 comments:

Suzan Abrams, email: suzanabrams@live.co.uk said...

And those beloved Batman, Superman and Tarzan comics, LM. Perhaps you just forgot...

Lowa said...

Sounds like a lot to be thankful for!

I need to do something like this on my blog too:)

TWENTY SEVEN!!?? ACK!! How do you do it???

Are the boys in school yet?? I did not know they started that early in Sask??

If so, what does #3 think??

Bathroom Hippo said...


Eager my thigh!

Eager Beavers killed the cat, not curiosity. You Library folk are all the same! Always...doing folk stuff and folkin around and folk. As you can see I'm using folk as the fword. I'll probably stop sometime.

Folky wolky.

Library Mama said...

Susan - I'm afraid those are not my temptations. ;-)

Lowa - I have a wonderful group this year - all wanting to do their best and please me. No complaints, none at all, well, not yet, anyway. ;-)

The older boys start today, and #3 starts on Tuesday. His nose is really out of joint that they get to start before he does.

Hippo - Another first! I've never before been called Folky Wolky before. You are definitely in a Folkin' silly mood! :-)

(Hope school is going well.)

Visits